Electrical Contact Preventative Maintenance

FYI I've used DeOxit before on trailer connections and plan on using it on my Ultra connectors to prevent corrosion. This stuff brought back very corroded connectors when the regular cleaners didn't because it breaks down the corrosion. They also have DeOxit SHIELD to protect new connectors in severe environments (like my Ultra in salt water)..

http://www.deoxit.com/
    http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/.f

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    LB, get some Fluid Film. You really don't need a whole shelf full of products. This stuff is not snake oil....it's simply really friggin' good.

What you're talking about here is another GREAT use for Fluid Film....Not electrically conductive and will protect and not wash off under normal hose pressures. Again, safe on most rubber and will lubricate to boot.

Have you ever tried it??

SeaDoocer
    ok, so where/how do we get it? (Fluid Film)

LB, where do you get the DeOxit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post

Doocer, I am now actually a Fluid Film Distributor and you can get it through me...as with any other GH members. PM me if you'd like to get some. You won't be disappointed.

If you've never used it, you are truly missing out. Depending on your area and time, you're gonna see Fluid Film pop up all over the place. It is very popular in Canada to the general public and is being marketed more to consumers in the U.S. now. It's been around for 15+ years, (in aerosol form) however in the States, it's primarily been used commercially and sold to many local, state, and Federal Government incl. military. I am personally a very particular person and would not deal with a product that is second class. I can't imagine the Navy or Coast Guard particularly would either i'm sure.

Fluid Film is slightly more expensive per can than some competitors, and well worth it. One VERY important fact to remember is Fluid Film does not contain solvents, which means ALL of the Fluid Film product is useable and does not evaporate (all other competing products contain solvents which EVAPORATE! leaving you typically 1/3 of product that actually protects/lubricates).

Another thing is you don't have to "hose it down" like you do with everything else. Just use a fine mist and it will migrate. Safe on nearly all rubber except natural rubber, and is not conductive so it's not a problem getting it on your electrical connections, (actually it's preferable), which is particularly perf for your ski.

Send a PM to Dano50...He's the mfg sales rep. He won't sell you product direct but can likely send you a sample can to try out for free if he's still running that promotion.

All you guys, seriously....try Fluid Film, it's awesome. The writing is on the wall....anyone that's used it, loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post

You can get DeOxit at Radio Shack or online through the links above.

FYI I plan on ordering some Fluid Film soon to replace my CRC 656 addiction; however, the DeOxit has a de-oxidation/cleaning component that gets the bad stuff off of contacts if they already have some oxidation. It helpded my trailer connectors that way.

This is what I'm trying to prevent: (from my buddie's RXP).. I'm in salt water at least 5-6 hours a week and this is inevitable on any machine.

SeaDoocer
    I love the CRC and dont use anything else but I would like to give the Fluid Film a try! I'll email you inthe next couple of days Earthsh.

Every wire connection on my skis are taken apart and sprayed so I'll get a good feel for what it does.

Wayne

Fluid Film ROcks!

We use it on everything on our Helicopters. Hovering over salt water, it protects alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    Fluid Film ROcks!

We use it on everything on our Helicopters. Hovering over salt water, it protects alot.
    Thanks for the feedback! I think we might start some type of contest where you can win Fluid Film T-Shirts or hats. Could be fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    Fluid Film ROcks!

Like i said earlier, if you've used it, you love it, simple.

Arcolog2's feelings on the performance of the product is the standard.

Dan - Although we're still basically on topic, this is the Kawasaki 250X section. If we were to have a contest or something, we should have it in a different section for more exposure to all the members. Unless of course it has something to do with the 250X specifically.

Anybody else have feedback?

Thread Information