Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Cool Let's go shopping!

1st..Great site guys, Got turned onto it this weekend with the Crew from here that was at Coralville Lake in Iowa.
    Just moved here to Iowa 6 months ago from the Great lakes (Mich),And just getting back in Skis,after being out for years. There's not much water here but it does get hot surrounded by corn. So I picked up the flavor of the week on here lately ..1994 SLT 750,Very nice machine 86 HRS that had burned 1 piston via way of toasted carbs.(can't beleve it ran long enough to burn down.)Rebuilt Carbs,honed,new piston and ring.I have had it out for about 10 trips and think I got everything back to normal. It tops now at 48 mph. To the shopping part, I'd like to set it up for better ride and control to start with. Which when any mods get done it'll already be headed that direction.What should I be looking for on E-Bay or here.(The river can be choppy alot during peck hours.)
    Ride plate,sponsons,grate,prop,etc. If you guys see anything,or have anything that's a good deal let me know. With only about $600.00 in the ski including the 1 place Alum Triton trailer,I'm willing to dump some cash,to enjoy it more.
    After running all weekend with the new Machines,and reading about BEER'S new toy. I think I might look into a mod I haven't seen discussed here yet. But I'll save that for later,Thanks,Dan

+1
    Dan the SLTs ride pretty good to start with. I would suggest One thing at a time to see the gains if any. First would be sponsons. and maybe intake grate. You can try some pump wedges to See if you get a little more out of it. My SLT in it's past life would do 50ish. with sponsons and splash graphics intake grate.

+1
    You could install an extended pump and might gain a few MPH.

+1
    dano, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums. You're right, the 750 stuff seems to be coming out of hiding.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    1st..Great site guys, Got turned onto it this weekend with the Crew from here that was at Coralville Lake in Iowa.
    Just moved here to Iowa 6 months ago from the Great lakes (Mich),And just getting back in Skis,after being out for years. There's not much water here but it does get hot surrounded by corn. So I picked up the flavor of the week on here lately ..1994 SLT 750,Very nice machine 86 HRS that had burned 1 piston via way of toasted carbs.(can't beleve it ran long enough to burn down.)Rebuilt Carbs,honed,new piston and ring.I have had it out for about 10 trips and think I got everything back to normal. It tops now at 48 mph.
    Which piston? Just wondering if you know about the fuel pump up grade yet?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TripleFuelPumpRouting.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	585.0 KB 
ID:	32555  

+1
    It was the rear cyl.I saw the upgrade and will be doing it as soon as the pump gets here.The diaphram is all 3 carbs was stuck to the outer housing and swelled.(maybe ethenol caused?...spellings off tonight )OK, WHO'S HOLDING OUT...on all the good stash! Wanta add the grate and sponsons,someone has to have them.Thanks Again Guys,Dan
    P.S. I'm going put another post on my lastest thought on smok'in the big money boys.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Better handling would be an Ocean Pro ride plate, but may lose a little MPH. Maybe consider getting your heads done for high compression, reeds, 785 PRO CDI, 100 main jet tapped into stinger fitting on exhaust pipe, and try the wedge or long pump like BD said.

+1
    Welcome to the Boards, and to Iowa! Alot of corn, and little water, but we have some spots to have fun on. Let me know if you are ever gonna be riding up around Saylorville (by Des Moines)

+1
    I've heard of it,Keep in touch and I'll make a run out. Will be there on the 19th of Aug. at the State fair pulling the tractor, "SIXGUN BLAZ'IN"
    Maybe I need to set-up the 25 ft trailer for tandam towing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information