Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Good results and riding today.

It is 87 degrees--humidity 41%---barometer 30.58--cloudless sky. Was hitting 8400-8450 all day. With 3/4 tank of fuel and my 240 lbs. I think I finally have this boat dialed in for the mods I have done. Best speed was 76.1--constant 75.4 to 75.8. These speeds were with my handle bar mounted Garmin Etrex. I think with the new upcoming RR impeller to come out in the next few weeks and truing the hull, 77 to 78 just might be posible. And still have not gone into the motor---which I dont think I will do. Will leave 80 mph plus to the young guns. This boat is plenty fast for this 71 year old great grandfather. I was just very curious as to what an RXP could do without touching the motor. Am look forward to the MUD BUG in June to meet a lot of the guys on this site. I will only race old ladies--

+1
    Ray, thats fantastic! Cant wait to meet you in June.

Re: Good results and riding today.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance
    It is 87 degrees--humidity 41%---barometer 30.58--cloudless sky. Was hitting 8400-8450 all day. With 3/4 tank of fuel and my 240 lbs. I think I finally have this boat dialed in for the mods I have done. Best speed was 76.1--constant 75.4 to 75.8. These speeds were with my handle bar mounted Garmin Etrex. I think with the new upcoming RR impeller to come out in the next few weeks and truing the hull, 77 to 78 just might be posible. And still have not gone into the motor---which I dont think I will do. Will leave 80 mph plus to the young guns. This boat is plenty fast for this 71 year old great grandfather. I was just very curious as to what an RXP could do without touching the motor. Am look forward to the MUD BUG in June to meet a lot of the guys on this site. I will only race old ladies--
    Sundance your ski is running good, now don't get upset say if you go out in a couple days from now and say your rpms drop say 100, and your wondering what the............... you typed in the couple good words HUMIDITY 41% thats what these skis need low humidity say 60% huminity(the day could be same as the other) lower rmps. Am I making sence to anyone. I would allways think there was something wrong with my ski, The humidity was the culprit

Yes, that is true, I notice that here in NJ. Hot n sticky, ski doesn`t run it`s full potential...PR...

Sundance, did you say you were 71? and you still ride a ski? Well all I can say is....................... my hats off to you. I want to be able to do that

71 is awesome if i can make that happen for me. I wil be riding for another 45 50 years. I like that. Who know what they will have then. Maybe dual rockets.

+1
    71 is faster than a stock rxp goes in mph. impressive.

Sundance: Kudos to you buddy! 71 yrs of age and still kickin it!...PR...

+1
    Peteshauling---You are VERY correct. Humidity---barametric presure-temp--all effect any internal combustion engines power output.. I started keeping a log several weeks ago--(this is what I did for my years in drag racing from the late 1950s thru the mid 1970s, keeping a log for every race- had my trusty temp gauge--baramoter---hunidity gauge---recorded the info and compaired it to et and speed for other race days close to what today is. After building a file for over a year--could go to a strip--read my gauges--look it up in the log---set the timing and carb jets for the current conditions and rock & roll. Little different with the ECU controlled running parameters---however--with the Scat-Trak variable venturi ( I was using 81mm the other day--I will build a log where I can keep my RPM in the 8400 to 8450 range. I have sizes 80mm---80.5--81 81.5---82----82.5--and 83mm. I am already seeing as the heat and humidity go up a larger venturi is needed. I realize changing prop pitch is maybe the way to go--however I find it easier changing venturi rings as I am done with mods to the ski. I can go get ready to ride--look at my log book see whats where and make any necessary changes and should run fairly good right out of the box.

+1
    Brad2510----I will swap you some years for your far out wild and cool dance steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information