S/C washers, tools, and other nonsense

Ok, here goes.

My cousin(John on the forum here) and I ordered our Riva washers last Thursday. They did not arrive when they were supposed to, so we called, and Riva confirmed that they were indeed shipped, and they would definitely be here today. We went ahead and tore apart our RXPs(his is an 05, mine an 07) but of course, they never arrived.

We are leaving for vacation this Friday, and we need to have this finished by Friday, so assuming that we dont get the washers tomorrow, is there anyone on here that has two sets of washers for an 05 and 07 that could overnight them?

The other question is, Ive been reading that its necessary to have the tool to do the swap, but would it be possible to use a pair of vice grips or something of that nature? If not, is there anyone in the southern PA, northern MD(Gettysburg, Baltimore or anywhere in between) that would be willing to lend us the tool to do this?

AND we also picked up a 1990 Seadoo today, and not getting any spark..getting good compression, but no spark, any common things typical of that year?

Sorry to be so longwinded, but it was a long, frustrating day. Thanks a lot

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    try 01xdime on the forum... not far from baltimore... he's done alot of metal washer installs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ckybltz View Post
    Ok, here goes.

My cousin(John on the forum here) and I ordered our Riva washers last Thursday. They did not arrive when they were supposed to, so we called, and Riva confirmed that they were indeed shipped, and they would definitely be here today. We went ahead and tore apart our RXPs(his is an 05, mine an 07) but of course, they never arrived.

We are leaving for vacation this Friday, and we need to have this finished by Friday, so assuming that we dont get the washers tomorrow, is there anyone on here that has two sets of washers for an 05 and 07 that could overnight them?

The other question is, Ive been reading that its necessary to have the tool to do the swap, but would it be possible to use a pair of vice grips or something of that nature? If not, is there anyone in the southern PA, northern MD(Gettysburg, Baltimore or anywhere in between) that would be willing to lend us the tool to do this?

AND we also picked up a 1990 Seadoo today, and not getting any spark..getting good compression, but no spark, any common things typical of that year?

Sorry to be so longwinded, but it was a long, frustrating day. Thanks a lot
    Why would you order direct from Riva when you can buy from this site at a discount?

Yes, i have them in stock!!!

+1
    i am in west grove pa, bring your scs over and i will do them...but i go on vacation this friday for over a week

Meeper how close is that to Hanover? Jerry I didnt know that we could get a discount from you. Everything else I have ordered so far for my GPR and RXP I dont believe was discounted and not blaming you but seemed to take longer to get. Usely with Riva you order it and get it 2 days later and since we were in a time crunch I called riva direct they cut me the same slack you did on shipping and now ups has lost our order go figure. So if you can over night a set of washer for the 05, 07 RXP with the wrench I will cancel my order with riva . Let me know John

Thread Information