Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone in New Jersey

Hay lookin for some good place to go in Jersey any ideas??

I ride the Manahawkin bay and the Mullica river Give me a PM and maybe we can hook up

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsecleaning View Post
    Hay lookin for some good place to go in Jersey any ideas??
    South Jersey...by the Delawere Bridge, exit 1 of NJ Turnpike, 30 miles south of Phila, 60 miles from the beaches. In the middle of alot. Mostly ride in the DE river and the C and D canal.

+1
    We ride in edison ,N,J every weekend.my son ,me and my friend,we are riding this sunday if you want to go .pm ME OK .RXT MIKE

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    South Jersey...by the Delawere Bridge, exit 1 of NJ Turnpike, 30 miles south of Phila, 60 miles from the beaches. In the middle of alot. Mostly ride in the DE river and the C and D canal.
    How is the C&D to ride in? Lot of no-wakes? Been looking to trek down there.

Navasink, Mulica River, anywhere there's water. Check out the Northeast thread and check out several rides that are going to happen in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Virtually none. The no wakes are only by the resturant areas. I believe there are only two, maybe three from one end to the other and lots of places to stop and eat or have a beer.
    The Chesapeake inn(on the net)is the first area with alot of other if you walk up the street. Its a small older town(Chesapeake City)with some little shops and a few seafood houses. Boaters and jet skiiers welcome. There is going to be a Hooters across the canal from it next year.
    Farther down the are several more, one being Jelly fish joels. Its a pretty good ride from one end to the other, Id guess at about 15 miles but from where I put over its about 8. You can continue into the Chesapeake bay and run the Baltimore if you wanted.
    My email is [email protected] if you ever wanted to hook up. We take that ride at least once a week. Its plenty wide enough with a couple spots to hit a ditch on the way, and normally calm no matter the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post

If you look at this picture, on the lower part.that is where the old Shaffers Canal house was that went out of business and Hooters will be. Across form that on the top side.......that big cove is the marina for Chesapeake city and the Canal house/Chesapeake Inn. There are bands outside there all the time and normally into the night on the weekends. There is a big "matigra on the water" called canal day normally the end of June. You HAVE to go sometime, out of control.....................

VMAN................where are you from in NJ?
    Last edited by catchme; 07-24-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot to ask

+1
    Hey, thanks for the info! I'm up North in Saddle Brook- do alot of Hudson River, but go all over. I was down the Delaware last week from Trenton to Salem. Isn't the entrance to the C&D right across from Salem or thereabouts? Been wanting to ride the canal ever since I did it by boat a few years ago. It was a nice ride.

I am typically in the Pt Pleasant to LBI Jersey Shore area.

I might head over to the Delaware a couple of times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information