Thread: Newbie with a SL900
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM #1
Newbie with a SL900
Hello all. Great board. I have learned a ton since buying my first PWC (SL900) one week ago. Haven't put it in the water yet and dieing to do so. I have a few questions that I know you will be able to help me with.
1. How do you get the MFD to "light up". Do I have to start the machine up? I have a feeling mine is dead.
2. I understand that this thing is oil injected, what oil should i buy? How many tank of gas would I go through before going empty on oil?
3. This SL900 just went through complete rebuild. Crank, Rods, Pistons, Reeds you name it. Need some advice on break in. Should I add some oil to the gas or anything like that?
4. I am not really into tricks and that kinda stuff, just want to go fast. I know that this ski isn't the fastest but can someone tell me if it is at least above average?
5. I have read all kinds of stuff on winterizing and it makes my eyes water. I am going to be storing this thing in my garage, what exactly should I be doing to winterize?
6. Does anybody know where I might be able to find an aftermarket decal kit for this guy?
Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post on my first post to this board.
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM #2
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM #3
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
07-24-2007, 11:56 PM #4
Thanks ph2o. My MFD was dead until I opened the box that mounts on top of the battery. In there was a bunch of jamok wiring. Pulled the MFD and pinned out the reddest wire in there and there was only 2vdc. Jumped 12vdc to that pin and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaamo display now works but with 2 issues. Some of the LCD display is faint, no big deal really, if I tilt my ugly head the right way I can see everything. The second issue is that the hours that is showing up on this thing is 13.5, can that be right? How accurate are these hour meters? Do they reset if the battery is changed or something? Or did I just buy this SL900 with 13.5 hours on it for $1800?
Clarification on oil. First, I see this site has some sort of deal with Amsoil. Is this true or did I just see someone advertising it as their signature? Also, do I premix the fuel to get 32:1 or can I just add to the fuel tank when it's topped off? BTW, how many gallons does this thing hold?
Attached is a pic of my SL900 and a future PWC competitor, my daughter Emmalee, already pullin' a stand up trick.
07-25-2007, 12:26 AM #5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rsracin05 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 08-14-2011, 07:58 AM
By jp1300r in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 86Last Post: 05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
By Spun Monkey in forum Polaris ProjectsReplies: 11Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
By Spun Monkey in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
By lodough780 in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-11-2007, 02:40 AM