Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

best wideband a/f meter

well im looking for a wide band air/fuel ratio meter. also wheres the best place to install the sensor? any help would be great. anyone whos following,the turbos in and mocked up including the intercooler and all the plumbing. next steps are to run the water lines and oil lines. anybody have any suggestions on the water lines and routing them?

+1
    What I've picked up about o2 sensor installs is that 24" downstream from the head is where many meters suggest mounting the sensor. You can't always put it right there though and I've heard of no ill effects from varying from that distance(on bikes). I would look here for guage types and prices http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_3032/article.html....also check ebay. Let's see some pic's! As long as you inject water after the turbo, and inject enough not to burn hoses (a infrared thermometer is great for this)
    Last edited by xxx2; 07-24-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Innovate seems to be the forerunner in Wideband a/f set-ups

+1
    http://www.yellow.fr/images/pdf/KIT04.pdf As far as water lines,
    Here's a pic of a turbo 15f that you can zoom in on? Looks like a bung on the exhaust for an o2 sensor after the turbo, after the rubber coupling about 18? inches up......Seems like they are injecting water b/f there thou?
    Last edited by xxx2; 07-24-2007 at 09:43 PM.

my plan is not to direct mount the turbo onto the manifold(saves money and allows easy disassembly if warrenty issue arise). after looking at that pic and just thinking a few obvious routes came up for water lines. my biggest problem to date is oiling the turbo. i have no idea on tap placement to get oil to the turbo. one person suggested an extrernal oil tank and pump for seperate turbo and engine oiling. seems like alot of extra complications that could cause problems. ill post the pics asap right now im rethinking my intercooler placement and where to place the o2 and other water fittings. after that the pics will come and a more final view of price,options,power,speed acceleration ect. i plan to have a barebones "all you need to run it" kit for a very reasonable price and then a few options to add to speed and to work with your current mods. 2-3 weeks and i should have the first batch of tests and comparisons to a stage 3 rxt.

+1
    What is your plan for gettin more air in the hull? as it is I can see my seat cover suck tight when I am blowing water out on the trailer! I was discussing the turbo set-up with a friend, He said one of the team tweek guys has a turbo 15f? May benifit talking to them
    Last edited by xxx2; 07-25-2007 at 12:26 PM.

man you are making great progress on this project keep up the good work I know it will pay off for you in the future. How much money are you expecting for the kit?

theres a few options but bare bones would be in the 1.5-2.5k range. it may be cheaper if i can figure out a cheaper way for fuel. another way to lower price would be to use rebuilt turbos. theres alot of options. depending on what you want or what you already have. once my initial testing starts ill have a better idea based on how the stock pump re acts and how the fueling goes. as for the tubro and plumbing i they will remain consistant in price(besides rebuilt turbos) so far it seems getting the extra fuel will be the most expensive part.

If you need any help let me know... The whole process is a PITA, but is well worth it once you get through it. I have gone through 2 turbos setups and have one now that works real well. The actual turbo and plumbing was designed by R-rated performance, but most of the other major components I had to do myself. As far as pricing goes, you are probably going to run into a problem when you get to the pump. There isn't too many cheap routes around it. You need a larger flowing pump to put more load on the engine to cheap the rpms down. Shoot me an email if you need help or have any questions. I've had to change almost everything... injectors, pump, ECU, fuel rail/fuel pressure, Low compression pistons... etc.

James
    [email protected]

Here is a pic off my first turbo setup... which I still have if anyone wants to buy it. It is setup for a IHI turbo and the use of 1 waterbox. The current setup I have is a Garrett turbo with a fully waterjacketed exhaust housing and a straight exhaust. Its pretty nasty. Currently running 15lbs of boost at 8000 rpms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	32933   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	32934  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information