Almost sunk my ski

I was ridding the other day and out of no where my ski shuts down, so i try to start it up again and nothing. So i decided to take a look inside and saw that the hull was filling up with water. Well my exhaust pipe had come loose and of course i sucked up some water in the engine. I get home and see that the zip tie that holds up the intake has broken which caused the intake hose to move around and come loose so i put the exhaust back and zip tie everything doulbe ,take the plugs out, put a wet dry vack down into my intake suck the water out, start it up with the plugs out to see if thier is any water left. I get everything back to gether and start it up and then i check the oil to see how bad it is. Well the water mixed with the oil so i call the local ski place to see how much it is going to cost to fix and the say 250 pluse how ever much oil they need to flush it out. Now i am wondering if it is worth taking to them or should i just flush it out myself. Or if anyone has had this problem let me know how they fixed it?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ventrj View Post
    I was ridding the other day and out of no where my ski shuts down, so i try to start it up again and nothing. So i decided to take a look inside and saw that the hull was filling up with water. Well my exhaust pipe had come loose and of course i sucked up some water in the engine. I get home and see that the zip tie that holds up the intake has broken which caused the intake hose to move around and come loose so i put the exhaust back and zip tie everything doulbe ,take the plugs out, put a wet dry vack down into my intake suck the water out, start it up with the plugs out to see if thier is any water left. I get everything back to gether and start it up and then i check the oil to see how bad it is. Well the water mixed with the oil so i call the local ski place to see how much it is going to cost to fix and the say 250 pluse how ever much oil they need to flush it out. Now i am wondering if it is worth taking to them or should i just flush it out myself. Or if anyone has had this problem let me know how they fixed it?
    How long has the water/oil been mixed? if not long, I say change the oil 3 times, run it and you'll be fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How long has the water/oil been mixed? if not long, I say change the oil 3 times, run it and you'll be fine....
    i agree

Yep for the oil changes flush, you do not need to take very expensive oils...just take the same viscosity grade, and same (organic mineral oil) anyway it is to throw out...also....i wouldn't do it 3 times for nothing....instead do it only once, ride it a bit so it warms up ok (ride for about 25-30 minutes), then out of the water for anoter oil change, this time take good oil and you'd be ok.

Anyway...my 2 cents...

Thread Information