Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar

Last weekend. a small problem and a victory

We had a Jet Fest (first year, very small) here and had a lot of fun. Saturday night we were our jumping houseboat wake when I hit a huge one. Came down- no steering < a few of my emotions when I realized it. I then remember horror storries of people hitting bottom after a large jump- this couldn't be becuase the river we were in was nearly 20 FT deep.

I have a a pic below, but the nut holding the allen keyed fitting for the steering nozzle was missing. Threads seem to be OK, but not on the nozzle fitting. I figured I had done more damage and was relieved when I found this to be my only problem. Where is the easiest place to get a new bolt and 2 washers? Also- the threads were stripped on the brass fitting on the nozzle. Do I need to get a stainless nozzle or just use the bolt/ washers? The bolt slides right through the hole now.

On Sunday morning we went out to race. Me and "Lehrjet" (stock w/ wedge 2007 Ultra250) He had me by a good margin out of the hole as I do not have jetworks and am under propped. The video is a bit misleading b/c of the angle. We were pretty close the whole way but I edged him by a few boats. Good racing Lehr.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My problem.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	32674  

+1
    how did it become unthreaded??? if my washer and nut fall off, it will still be on the nozzle because of loctite

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKMYWAKE View Post
    how did it become unthreaded??? if my washer and nut fall off, it will still be on the nozzle because of loctite

I dont know man, I had it all full of loctite b/c i know the vibrations are even worse back there. Nut may have been missing but it slips right through the hole now

+1
    If it slips right through the hole, the nut has been gone (or at least loose)for quite a while. The vibrations caused the stainless threads to eat the threads in the insert.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    If it slips right through the hole, the nut has been gone (or at least loose)for quite a while. The vibrations caused the stainless threads to eat the threads in the insert.

Just my .02

exactly what i was thinking....all it took was a huge impact for it to bust all the way through. thanks jeff

+1
    Get a new nozzle from Pro-Tec (XLT part) about $120 or a new stock nozzle (not as safe) about $25

I wouldn't reuse the nozzle with stripped threads. You don't want to lose steering again. Next time you may hit something or someone.

Just my .02

I personally would go with the Pro-Tech XLT nozzle. Fix it right and be done with it.

Thread Information