2008 Mudbug Regional tour???

Talking with the promoter of region 8 we are working on things to add to region 8 races with payout and trophies. I have tosed around the idea of adding dragg racing and mudbugs to our tour. but need to know if you guys would attend. All the same classes and this time big trophies and money to win. we have time to fill so looking for your thoughts! it would be in region 8 va- mass

+1
    Don't see why not, but we may not want to use the "mudbug" term in such a way due to the non-sanctioned atmosphere that the word "mudbug" surrounds. Hard to "mudbug" anything unless it's June and in Morgan City.

I would bet lots of mudbug attendees would participate in this. Sounds like fun. Keep us up to date on the details, there are always non-racer people that would do very well in such an event.

+1
    heck yeah, and alot of us would come to watch and hang out

I think this is a great way to put our rec riders on the map! There are lots on greehulkers out there that have fast boats and I think its time to have a tour for you all that want to make this a circuit. There will be an east coast champion and will be put up on the region 8 racers as well. I think it should be tospeed classes and dragracing. I would like to know the classes toake this work. And how many will come to these.

Its like this how many of you would like your own circuit to go to 1 time a month to race everyone throu out the year and be crowned a regional champion and then go to nationals to race for a national championship. Your times and speeds would classify you your rank.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    I think it's a good idea but like Abbott said using the mudbug name would take away from the non sanctioned show up and have fun atmosphere the mudbug has....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    Don't see why not, but we may not want to use the "mudbug" term in such a way due to the non-sanctioned atmosphere that the word "mudbug" surrounds. Hard to "mudbug" anything unless it's June and in Morgan City.
    I agree

we would definitly come up with a new name for this! We want it to be more of a competive racing atmosphere. Kinda like going to to drag strip and using there structure.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy66 View Post
    we would definitly come up with a new name for this! We want it to be more of a competive racing atmosphere. Kinda like going to to drag strip and using there structure.
    like what they do at havasu?

you would be on to something then Andrew.... if this was to be a nationwide.... the fastest from each region would duke it out to see who is top dog and then show up at havasu to take the crown....

mudbug could be like a midseason tune-up before nationals or something like that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    like what they do at havasu?

you would be on to something then Andrew.... if this was to be a nationwide.... the fastest from each region would duke it out to see who is top dog and then show up at havasu to take the crown....

mudbug could be like a midseason tune-up before nationals or something like that

Other way around.

The way mudbug is going.................Havasu will soon just be a preparation for mudbug in June.

Thread Information