Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

07 RXT surging....anyone?

Picked up a brand spankin new 07 RXT and the ski surges between 30 and 50 mph. RPM's will fluxuate by 1500. Top speed seems to be rite on at 67 mph on speedo. Took the ski back to the dealer and he changed the ECU/Computer chip from another 07 RXT and same result. Surge is still there. According to my dealer Seadoo is aware of this problem and they are working on it. The ski is very ridable and the average Joe would not even know anything was wrong. I've had 2 other 215 HP Seadoo's and this new 07 is not as smooth throughout the powerband.

Any ideas from anyone? Thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    Picked up a brand spankin new 07 RXT and the ski surges between 30 and 50 mph. RPM's will fluxuate by 1500. Top speed seems to be rite on at 67 mph on speedo. Took the ski back to the dealer and he changed the ECU/Computer chip from another 07 RXT and same result. Surge is still there. According to my dealer Seadoo is aware of this problem and they are working on it. The ski is very ridable and the average Joe would not even know anything was wrong. I've had 2 other 215 HP Seadoo's and this new 07 is not as smooth throughout the powerband.

Any ideas from anyone? Thank you.
    sorry for your surging, get it fixed in winter. theres not much summer left, regards bill

+1

Red face

replace the SC washers !

I had my RXT out on the C&D canal today and noticed the exact same thing. What can be causing this problem?????

+1

surging

I have been fighting this for about 3 weeks now. I have had the s/c out twice to check clutch slip, i/c out twice to check for leaks, swaped coils,had pump out to check wear ring and bearings, changed plugs twice, checked exhaust for restrictions, checked electrical connections and check intake and throttle body for loose bolts to cause a leak. I don't know what else to check. That bitch keeps on I will trade it off on something else. I am trying not to give to easy though. I would really like to know what it is now from all the stuff I have checked and still the same chit.

Scott

+1

dealer

My dealer said he will need the ski for a week or two to do some testing. I'm going to ride it for now. Dealer knows i'm not satisfied and will find a fix for me (let's hope) I'll keep you posted.

Anyone else with ideas here.......?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    My dealer said he will need the ski for a week or two to do some testing. I'm going to ride it for now. Dealer knows i'm not satisfied and will find a fix for me (let's hope) I'll keep you posted.

Anyone else with ideas here.......?
    Please keep us posted. I would like to know what it is. My ski is still under warranty and I may have to take it to the dealer. I just hate to do that because I think they would just keep it a while then say there is nothing wrong with it or it is heat fade. Like you I keep riding mine for now. It will either get worse or show more signs of what it is I hope.

Scott

Sounds like a vacume leak or bad MAP sensor if you have a Buddy with a 4tec swap the MAP sensor and see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsport17 View Post
    Sounds like a vacume leak or bad MAP sensor if you have a Buddy with a 4tec swap the MAP sensor and see what happens.
    Where is it located? In the neck of the waterbox?

Thanks,
    Scott

Top Center of intake manifold, you will have to take the snap on cover off to see it.
    If you go to the Air Intake section of the parts finder on Riva's site it is #8.
    Last edited by motorsport17; 07-26-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information