Moderated

things to watch for on a second hand ski

Guys/Gals

I am looking at purchasing a 30 hour old 06 model GPR and I was wondering if there are any things I should look for or be wary of.

I know i need to check the compression and check the hull for damage but other then those two things what else should i be looking out for?

+1

Cool

look in pump nozzle see if lots of clearance on outside of prop (greater that .020)

later cd

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Guys/Gals

I am looking at purchasing a 30 hour old 06 model GPR and I was wondering if there are any things I should look for or be wary of.

I know i need to check the compression and check the hull for damage but other then those two things what else should i be looking out for?

for a ski this new with low hours that should be about all. If it looks good and inside is clean/ taken care of I don't think you should worry too much. This model hasn't been around long enough for us to see future problems you may encounter, but with a YAMAHA it is a very safe bet that it is a good buy... just dont pay too much. If there are any mods done make sure they are done correcly. Is it on ebay we could look at it or is it local?

+1
    be careful of the saltwater ski's. lots of corrosion and broken bolts if not maintained properly

Moderated
    it is a salt water ski, as is my current one but it looks well maintined from what i have seen on the pics supplied by the owner.

I am flying interstate to go have a look at it this weekend and take it for a spin ( back in an hour mate hehe :)

its not listed in ebay either, its a local thing.

as for mods, its a bog stock virgin.

he said he wants to sell it because his wife wants a boat (poor feela) now i know all to well what riding with a woman is like, just ask my girl, its how she learnt to swim hehe but i am assuming ( which i k now is dangerous) because of its low hours and short registration period that it will be OK, in fact its still under factory warrenty.

Moderated
    well the good news is i just got back from up the north coast where i inspected and test road the ski.

its in perfect condition, 125 psi on all 3 cylinders and imaculate inside the engine bay, heck its cleaner then my kitchen well ok so thats not hard but i was suprised at just how clean the ski was.

took it for a nice little test ride out to the heads and back, no probs.

I was expecting a little more power wise from a 06 1300R comapred to my current stock 02 model but it did feel a lot smoother over the entre power band and a little lighter.

I think i have no choice but to add a second to my collection

and should have it shipped down here by late next week which means I now have to make a decision on whether to sell the 02 off or keep it as a project ski hehe.

Thread Information