Sonic Boom results Log

In relation to Kerrys test thread, i thought it may be a good idea for everyone who has a set to post on one thread their approximate results, good or bad, rpms gains or loss, speed gains or loss, and if they were the original set on their ski, or if a core set was swapped, and what your induction system previously was.. Any and all comments/opinions are welcome. Engine size, ported or not, rpms, combinations etc... The more info the better.. Just trying to put together a pattern here and figure this thing out.... Thanks, Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    In relation to Kerrys test thread, i thought it may be a good idea for everyone who has a set to post on one thread their approximate results, good or bad, rpms gains or loss, speed gains or loss, and if they were the original set on their ski, or if a core set was swapped, and what your induction system previously was.. Any and all comments/opinions are welcome. Engine size, ported or not, rpms, combinations etc... The more info the better.. Just trying to put together a pattern here and figure this thing out.... Thanks, Ross
    Thats a good idea!

Question,

Have you tried those Big Bore TB's on a 1300 non ported yet?

Thumbs up

you're a stand up guy.

+1

Thumbs up

I had my set done from my ski 100 rpms+over riva box. better holeshot and killer mid. I have tested them against another stock set with riva box same 100+rpms and a tad over 1 mph. removed riva box air box stock TBs vs Ross's throttle bodies 70rpm gain still .9 faster on top.all with same fuel(marked on tank 2)neutral trim. sitting erect ...........good job Ross keep up the good work

Results

Great results myself and GPHOTROD both lost a 100 rpm's we were in the 6980 range in the heat and picked up 80 to 90 RPM's with Ross's Mod and have gone from running consistant mid to high 74's to high 75's currently we are both right at the break point running 75.8 75.9 pass after pass it will only take just a small nudge to hit 76's and as temps change who knows ( all speed numbers are from a Garmin Etrex Ledgend). These are our original throttle bodies that Ross reworked and they pull hard through out the entire power band. We had one small issue caused by the shipping US Priority Mail damaged the stacks, contacted Ross he immediately shipped out the new parts no charge excellent guy to deal with. This is not to mention the numerous times I have talked him on the phone before and after on these and related issues he has always been very helpful. Now as for the boats both are 2003 unported standard bore 1300R's they have the VF3's, jetworks, stock heads modified by Lowell Horning, RPM couplers, wave eaters, Modified D plate, 05 pumps 14/23 DF Fercho spec'd, Jims plate with ff mod and tabs with .105 under all corners, 1200 riva grate and EFI controller. These boats are very dependable and being ridden every week end they still get good enough mileage to go on some pretty long rides up here on the great lakes. But I guess the main thing is how do we like Ross's Throttle bodies and his work and work ethic, well it just doesn't get any better period. If anyone has any other questions about what we think about them just PM us we will be glad to answer you back we have nothing to hide we are very pleased with these boats.
    Last edited by injected2stroke; 07-26-2007 at 06:12 AM.

I gained .9-1.0 mph as well. I did not have my tach on before putting them on, but mid range felt great as well. This is an unported 1300. Just had stock tb's before with no air box.

+1
    My gpr typically turns somewhere between 7150-7180 before and after I installed the TBís. Even without the Sonic Boom TBís my setup should probably be turning 100 rpmís higher but I just canít figure out what is holding it back.

1. No noticeable gain In rpmís or top speed
    2. Increased mid range acceleration
    3. Core set swapped with sensors
    4. Riva power filter with outerwear and removed screens
    5. I am still pleased with the mid range but I would have liked to gain 100 rpm.

06 GP1300R- 74.2 7180 rpms
    EFI 5,6,2.5,7.5
    3 degree key
    Cut stock head by Lowell- 150,150,145 cold
    D-Plate Riva
    VF3-no stuffers
    Sonic Booms
    SS
    3rd cyl. Head water dump
    Jet Works mod
    Pump seal kit & bolt holes filled
    Stock Sponsons
    Jimís FF plate
    14-20 Dynafly-no nose cone
    1200 Riva grate
    85 mm nozzle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post

Keep this thread to exactly what Ross is wanting it to be.

+1
    Originally I put them on my ski... at the same time I did the Key... there is something wrong with my ski.... I gained 200+ rpms and dropped huge mph
    (over 5) so i have something wrong with my pump shoe (I believe) but we did put my set on my friends 1300 he gained a SOLID 90 rpms and .9 mph faster then his best previus speed with NO changes to his EFI or anything else on his ski!!! and the outside temp was 10+ degree higher than any other run before

Both ski had amazing acceleration and both started BELOW 7200....

even if there was no rpm increase the acceleration makes them worth every penny and more! Both skis feel like a new machine! Almost like they have a fresh rebuild on a low compression motor!

Thanks Ross!

+1
    wonder what the rpm gain would be by simply removing the outer airbox lid. vs, the oem setup.

Thread Information