suggestions on brass insert pulling out off pump shoe

I bought a used 05 RXP about 2 months ago and when i went to pull the riva grate off I noticed that there was an odd bolt used to secure the grate on going into the shoe. It was a larger than OEM bolt with a standard size head on it.....it appeared to be forced in there....when i went to remove it it turned the brass insert loose. I had to pull the insert out to get the grate off. I don't know how to go about fixing it without buying a new pump shoe(which I dont want to go thru the hassle and miss riding time).....here are some pics...its hard to explain in words
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04549.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	32788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04550.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	562.5 KB 
ID:	32789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04552.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	532.4 KB 
ID:	32790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04554.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	547.7 KB 
ID:	32791  

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Get new inserts and bolts from hardware store and epoxy them in there.

I'm not too sure abt buying used modded skis...its like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get ...don't ask what the ride plate holes were filled with or what the intake grate holes were attempted to be filled with......I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Get new inserts and bolts from hardware store and epoxy them in there.
    word.....thanx....ill try that route

I pulled out two of my inserts because I followed the advice of someone way back when and used heat, after pulling them out I put some epoxy in there tightened the bolts to the inserts off the ski and then installed the grate with tons more silicone, then I used a jack and wood to hold the grate in there and cleaned up the area after everything dried.......yeah I'm gonna have a problem if I ever want to remove the grate, but oh well I didn't want to lose it and get tossed at 70mph.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    They were kind of sloppy with that fill in job. Looks like they didn't like sanding. The heat thing works but people tend to over heat. Just want to get the bolt and locktite hot not the insert and glue that holds the insert in.

+1
    mine came out just like that, i stuck it back in and used that glue thats white and gray you mix it to make black....60hrs and no issues....

not jb weld i dont think, something else cant think of the name...but the tubes are side by side and mix when you squeeze the thing.....

PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    I bought a used 05 RXP about 2 months ago and when i went to pull the riva grate off I noticed that there was an odd bolt used to secure the grate on going into the shoe. It was a larger than OEM bolt with a standard size head on it.....it appeared to be forced in there....when i went to remove it it turned the brass insert loose. I had to pull the insert out to get the grate off. I don't know how to go about fixing it without buying a new pump shoe(which I dont want to go thru the hassle and miss riding time).....here are some pics...its hard to explain in words

Thread Information