Can I run any oil in my gp1300r?

Well I was reading through threads, and couldn't find a definate answer. I have a D-plate on my 06 gp1300r. I'm still using my oil injection system. My stepdad says I should keep running yamalube. THe problem is I have to drive an hour to buy any. Is there anything at walmart or something I can run? I saw people write pennzoil synthetic or something quicksilver marine. I also saw to run klotz or amsoil. So still using the stock injection, what should I run? Also, my stepdad has a yamaha xl700 still with his cat in. Is there any other oil he can run as well? Thanks

+1
    I would take out the cat and then you can run whatever 2 stroke oil you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I took the cat out when I installed the D-plate. What happens if you run regular 2stroke oil with the cat in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Kevin, I know its a technicality, but when buying oil be sure that is says safe for injection systems. I know I have picked up several oils that say "for pre-mix only, do not use in injection systems".

I know you know this, I just wanted to make sure that everyone else does.

I just got my 2 cases of klotz skicraft to run in my GPR and my exciter...stuff ain't cheap though...Ordered it through Carl at island racing...Carl told me he wouldn't run yamalube in his weedwacker and in fact runs klotz R50 in it ...But klotz R50 is a premix only oil...

I am a big Amsoil intersepter fan myself. And you can get it shipped right to your house. Plus it burns so much cleaner the the yamalube and I mean a bunch cleaner. Good Luck
    Last edited by injected2stroke; 07-26-2007 at 04:04 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    Kevin, I know its a technicality, but when buying oil be sure that is says safe for injection systems. I know I have picked up several oils that say "for pre-mix only, do not use in injection systems".

I know you know this, I just wanted to make sure that everyone else does.
    Great catch. That is very true. There are quite a few oils out there that will not work with the injection system. I thought I typed it. Guess my brain was thinking and my fingers were not typing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by future_cpa27 View Post
    I took the cat out when I installed the D-plate. What happens if you run regular 2stroke oil with the cat in?
    It can clog up the cat and run super hot. Well you could burn it down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by future_cpa27 View Post
    Well I was reading through threads, and couldn't find a definate answer. I have a D-plate on my 06 gp1300r. I'm still using my oil injection system. My stepdad says I should keep running yamalube. THe problem is I have to drive an hour to buy any. Is there anything at walmart or something I can run? I saw people write pennzoil synthetic or something quicksilver marine. I also saw to run klotz or amsoil. So still using the stock injection, what should I run? Also, my stepdad has a yamaha xl700 still with his cat in. Is there any other oil he can run as well? Thanks
    To my knowledge the XL 700 has never had a cat-con, I could be wrong and if so please tell me what year the XL 700 is. Thanks.

+1
    Amsoil interceptor with injection. Amsoil Dominator with premix. The Amsoil burns very clean compared to others, especially Yamalube..

Thread Information