+1

Think I just lost a SC

OK, I know I should have done the replacement but I wanted to get the breakin service done and she crapped out at 7 hours , No power, max RPM 6400. Any tests that can be done to verify my thoughts?
    Thanks
    Mike
    ETA: I bought a good used SC off of Ebay thats going to Jerry for bullet proofing, than if I can keep them together long enough I can send one off, get one back swap it and keep them all in the water as long as possible, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    OK, I know I should have done the replacement but I wanted to get the breakin service done and she crapped out at 7 hours , No power, max RPM 6400. Any tests that can be done to verify my thoughts?
    Thanks
    Mike
    ETA: I bought a good used SC off of Ebay thats going to Jerry for bullet proofing, than if I can keep them together long enough I can send one off, get one back swap it and keep them all in the water as long as possible, I hope
    Take the intake hose off thats going to your supercharger and see if u can spin the sc fan with ure fingers if it spins freely then you got problems....... by the sounds of your symptoms, most likley a clutch washer failure.. sorry bra

its toast......dont wait!

+1
    i thought i could wait and my 2006 blew at 11hrs last Oct. 2006 then i got 2007 blew at 11hrs in May 2007 thought 1 might make it to first oil change bu i was WRONG and STUPID myself. just getting my 2007 back together now. so from now on METAL WASHERS BEFORE i even run these JUNK MFKERS!!! PERIOD! ITS NOT WORTH IT NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR THINKS!!! u r done for 2 to foru weeks even doing repairs yourself if you have to wait for parts and going to a dealer this time of year is INSANE and they DONT do what TRULY needs done to begin with at most places. there are some good ones but NOT where i live so forget a dealer. good luck and change FRONT AND REAR PUMPS or replace your motor at 20 to 30 hours if u dont!! GAURANTEED!!! motors werent made to injest ceramic material in any fashion... i promise. hope this doesnt scare you! some people on here wanna hear fairy tales but thats the REAL DEAL bro!

+1
    Haven't you heard? BRP programs the ECU so that the new '07 skis blow up if you don't bring it to a certified dealer for the 10 hour service. That way, they get their money either way.

+1
    sounds realistic to me bro!!!!!!!!!

+1
    hahah i am starting to believe that also....but hey my washers went @ 22 hrs and they are giving me a new engine......so i cant bitch too much.... ....hope you get through this washer failer without loosing too much time off the water!

cheers

KD

Dont judge me...
    i dont understand how people of this fourm that have been members here for a while, have this sc problem i mean did they not get the memo.... CHANGE THE WASHERS!!!!!

+1
    Memo, what memo?????? No seriously though, I wanted to see if I could get her broken in and then take her down and mode her like my 06. No I still have a RXP its just well you know 95* and I wanted to be lazy. I like to work these over durning the off months. Plus I really didnt want to do it untill Jerry has the green impellers in stock. Guess they get to tear her down......... My dealer is VERY good and they go the extra mile to make them right. The down time on this one though will be bad though, as I doubt many parts are available now. This is the second SC fialure I have had the first was on my old RXT, which I wish I had kept but oh well, one of lifes lessons.

+1
    My best friend just bought an 07 RXP and a GTX Limited. I URGED him to remove the SC's ASAP before he puts any hours on them. We'll be doing it in the morning as soon as I get off work. ?He's chompin' at da bit to ride it, btu I told him, please be patient and send them off so there are no worries about them crappin' out. Its a shame, I've read about skis with 2 hours and they crater !

He even asked the dealer when he picked them up if they have had many SC failures, and they told him none at all. I told my buddy they are lying.
    These stealerships are so clueless.

Anyway, get those washers replaced people !

Thread Information