Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Took my first Spill today

Well I popped my own wipe out cherry today with a 55-60 mph wipe. Hit some unexpected chop and it was all over. Must have put on a good show too cause I had some people come and see if I made it through ok lol. Man this thing is a beast. That chop came out of nowhere but I guess thats what happens at those speeds.

Yeah it happened to me when I first bought my Rxp. Never underestimate its power. Besides it being emabarrassing, it really sucked having to swim back those 50 or so yards to my ski.

Re: Took my first Spill today

Quote Originally Posted by Gforce
    Well I popped my own wipe out cherry today with a 55-60 mph wipe. Hit some unexpected chop and it was all over. Must have put on a good show too cause I had some people come and see if I made it through ok lol. Man this thing is a beast. That chop came out of nowhere but I guess thats what happens at those speeds.
    GET THE OPAS OFF THAT SKI OR IT WILL KILL YOU!!!

+1
    my thoughts exactly bigern!

I know the felling oh too well. Only time I came off a ski was on the practice buoys. First time my teammate tried to come around me underneath and we slammed each other, my ski totalled. Second time had Frisk coming up on me on his XPL and hit the end of the back straight too fast, missed the next buoy and flew off. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Re: Took my first Spill today

Quote Originally Posted by bigernrxp
    Quote Originally Posted by Gforce
    GET THE OPAS OFF THAT SKI OR IT WILL KILL YOU!!!
    Really, you think thats what sent me flying. I kinda like the OPAS But then again I dont know what it's like to not have it so I have nothgin to compare it to.

+1
    the OPAS paddles can grab going thru chop or boat wakes tossing your ski to the side.

Think of OPAS as training wheels for novices. Once you learn to ride take them off!

Well Gforce I took my first spill last weekend in front of an audience at the AWA National Jamboree in Nashville. Competing in the "King of the Beach" race my RXP (stock) made the last turn but I didn't. The judges gave me an 8.9 for the dis-mount. After my second run my RXP took overall second place. First place went to a Yamaha who also won the "radar shoot out" at 84.5 MPH.

But in the end my RXP with OPAS, took FIRST PLACE in the Slalom X Challenge.

It was great an a lot of fun, in spite the embarrassment of busting my ass!

Riders that never bust their ass are not pushing the envelop!

It's your ski Gforce do what you want. I amost got tossed in 37 deg water from those things grabbing. Next time you go out in choppy water notice how the rear of ski goes from side to side when it comes unhooked. This is at high speed and if your not ready for it you will get tossed and at near 70 mph it can kill you. They are only training wheels you do not need them. Your ski will handle much better and safer without them.

After reading the opinions of Hulk and others...My OPAS is coming off ASAP. I've been riding an XPL for years, RXP was my first ski with OPAS...now that I've tried it, its time to ride without

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information