Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!

Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated Thanks!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated Thanks!!!

Welcome to the boards....

RXP has your name all over it...

The Ultra is a good choice, but its in its first year and so far has mixed reviews...

GPR, its old 2 stroke...good, soild ski, but its old technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards....

RXP has your name all over it...

The Ultra is a good choice, but its in its first year and so far has mixed reviews...

GPR, its old 2 stroke...good, soild ski, but its old technology...
    get the RXP for the same reason....and have fun

Thanks for the input guys!

My last question would be the specifics to why yall like the RXP over the others? Is it the Handleing? Reliability( How is the reliability of the RXP) etc, etc, etc...

Wait until the 08's are announced, many people "in the know" say buying a new rxp now will result in kicking yourself in the ass later. They announce the new models in September.

Worst Case is you decide the extra bells and whistles on the 08's aren't worth the extra cash, and you can pick up a brand new 07 from a dealer trying to clear inventory for a bit less. At least you could in a perfect world!

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Thanks for the input guys!

My last question would be the specifics to why yall like the RXP over the others? Is it the Handleing? Reliability( How is the reliability of the RXP) etc, etc, etc...
    I personally can't stand the way the ultra handles. It is sturdy at high speeds, but the steering seems to automaticly track straight. When you unhook, it feels like you have to fight the wheel to keep in the direction you were heading when you unhooked. Steering is very heavy. Also don't like the sound. Really cool, like a jet, when you are standing on shore listening to one pass at WOT, but on it is a differant story. The few I have ridden have had issues and my buddies have done their fair share of complaining...

GP - well old technology but fast and likes to be airborne, handles ok till high speed and chop...

RXP - Have one, like my GTX SC better. Most people who ride both of mine like the GTX SC better. I would look at the RXT as a choice instead of the RXP. It feels much sturdier, handles very well, really good at high speed in chop, and same motor so there is quit a bit that can be done mods wise...

RXP is lighter than the RXT (2 seat vs 3 seat). That leads to my points. RXP is faster (esp on glass). The RXT handles the chop much easier.

+1
    I would put my hat in for the RXT as well, but the real question is; what type of riding environment do you want to do? Offshore with heavy chop? Day trip touring? Flat water drag races? Do you ever pull a tube or board? Do you need a lot of storage? Do you have kids or plan on having an extra rider now and then? Do you ride often enough for weekly/monthly fuel cost to be a factor? Answers to these questions will help others suggest the best machine to suit your needs.

Not necessarily, my stage 2.5 GTX SC is faster than my stage 1 RXP....

I know it's apples and oranges, you don't have to tell me...

Seriously though, when I am on the back of my RXP it feels like a complete POS compared to the feeling of my GTX SC. The RXT and the GTX SC feel exactly the same handling wise...

Quote Originally Posted by cskelly View Post
    RXP is lighter than the RXT (2 seat vs 3 seat). That leads to my points. RXP is faster (esp on glass). The RXT handles the chop much easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information