Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!

    Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated Thanks!!!


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated Thanks!!!

    Welcome to the boards....

    RXP has your name all over it...

    The Ultra is a good choice, but its in its first year and so far has mixed reviews...

    GPR, its old 2 stroke...good, soild ski, but its old technology...

  3. #3
    pet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Washington DC metro
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards....

    RXP has your name all over it...

    The Ultra is a good choice, but its in its first year and so far has mixed reviews...

    GPR, its old 2 stroke...good, soild ski, but its old technology...
    get the RXP for the same reason....and have fun

  4. #4
    Thanks for the input guys!

    My last question would be the specifics to why yall like the RXP over the others? Is it the Handleing? Reliability( How is the reliability of the RXP) etc, etc, etc...

  5. #5
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    Wait until the 08's are announced, many people "in the know" say buying a new rxp now will result in kicking yourself in the ass later. They announce the new models in September.

  6. #6
    Worst Case is you decide the extra bells and whistles on the 08's aren't worth the extra cash, and you can pick up a brand new 07 from a dealer trying to clear inventory for a bit less. At least you could in a perfect world!

  7. #7
    Mentally Unstable dochere195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Algonquin, IL
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Thanks for the input guys!

    My last question would be the specifics to why yall like the RXP over the others? Is it the Handleing? Reliability( How is the reliability of the RXP) etc, etc, etc...
    I personally can't stand the way the ultra handles. It is sturdy at high speeds, but the steering seems to automaticly track straight. When you unhook, it feels like you have to fight the wheel to keep in the direction you were heading when you unhooked. Steering is very heavy. Also don't like the sound. Really cool, like a jet, when you are standing on shore listening to one pass at WOT, but on it is a differant story. The few I have ridden have had issues and my buddies have done their fair share of complaining...

    GP - well old technology but fast and likes to be airborne, handles ok till high speed and chop...

    RXP - Have one, like my GTX SC better. Most people who ride both of mine like the GTX SC better. I would look at the RXT as a choice instead of the RXP. It feels much sturdier, handles very well, really good at high speed in chop, and same motor so there is quit a bit that can be done mods wise...

  8. #8
    RXP is lighter than the RXT (2 seat vs 3 seat). That leads to my points. RXP is faster (esp on glass). The RXT handles the chop much easier.

  9. #9
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,591
    +1
    4,797
    I would put my hat in for the RXT as well, but the real question is; what type of riding environment do you want to do? Offshore with heavy chop? Day trip touring? Flat water drag races? Do you ever pull a tube or board? Do you need a lot of storage? Do you have kids or plan on having an extra rider now and then? Do you ride often enough for weekly/monthly fuel cost to be a factor? Answers to these questions will help others suggest the best machine to suit your needs.

  10. #10
    Mentally Unstable dochere195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Algonquin, IL
    Posts
    174
    Not necessarily, my stage 2.5 GTX SC is faster than my stage 1 RXP....

    I know it's apples and oranges, you don't have to tell me...

    Seriously though, when I am on the back of my RXP it feels like a complete POS compared to the feeling of my GTX SC. The RXT and the GTX SC feel exactly the same handling wise...

    Quote Originally Posted by cskelly View Post
    RXP is lighter than the RXT (2 seat vs 3 seat). That leads to my points. RXP is faster (esp on glass). The RXT handles the chop much easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Decision 08 Final
    By GTI06 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 01:15 PM
  2. Final decisions for winter mods...
    By Buds06RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
  3. Looking for help with impeller decision. 14/19 15/20 15/19
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
  4. Decisions Decisions!! Jims plate or Fercho reeds??
    By MPower in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 03:57 AM
  5. Well! Made the decision to sell one of my ski's!
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •