Replacing Plastic Pump on GTX SC

I'm trying to decide which route to go. I have a non-modified 03 GTX SC with 80 hrs. Its starting to cavitate at WOT and I suspect its the wear ring since I can still reach max RPM and speed (60 mph).

I just bought a RXP metal pump - should I:

Option #1: swap the RXP metal pump and use the stock GTX impeller and wear ring.

Option #2: swap the RXP metal pump and use a impeller and wear ring from an RXP.

Option #3: swap the RXP metal pimp with a Solas impeller - which verison will work better on my ski - GTX or RXP?

In terms of mods, I dont plan on adding anything at this point - may upgrade something else later on.

Thanks, Mike

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    i'd swap out the impeller cause you can't turn an RXP impeller....then step up to an aftermarket one if you like.

The RXP and GTX impellers have different size splines. If you want to use RXP/T impeller you have to swap out drive shaft with RXT. If you don't plan on doing any other mods then I would get a solas 12/20. That impeller will give you a better hole shot and maybe a little on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimer View Post
    The RXP and GTX impellers have different size splines. If you want to use RXP/T impeller you have to swap out drive shaft with RXT. If you don't plan on doing any other mods then I would get a solas 12/20. That impeller will give you a better hole shot and maybe a little on the top.
    Is it that simple? Just replace the drive shaft?
    One end is correct to fit into the PTO of the GTX engine but the other end is splined differently for the impeller? The driveshaft assembly P/N's are different but that may be for other items....o-rings, bearings, seals....but that may be another issue. I'm going to replace my driveshaft that is why I'm pressing for details.
    Is there a benefit to the RXT prop?

Quote Originally Posted by PropOrJet View Post
    Is it that simple? Just replace the drive shaft?
    One end is correct to fit into the PTO of the GTX engine but the other end is splined differently for the impeller? The driveshaft assembly P/N's are different but that may be for other items....o-rings, bearings, seals....but that may be another issue. I'm going to replace my driveshaft that is why I'm pressing for details.
    Is there a benefit to the RXT prop?
    there are many different parts numbers for the RXT driveshafts thru the years, some are relieved diffferently for the screw on nose cones of the later model GTX`s...Where-as my 04 GTX SC has a longer narrower area for the nose cone and the later models I believe 06-up have a shorter reveal...
    one benefit is that you have a better selection of props for tuning, and larger prop, but like mention you`ll need some more ponies to turn the larger props if your looking for top end.

wyatt: go with the stock wear ring and stock prop size. even the 03 models had a slightly different blade design and pitch. stepping up to a swirl prop would be good!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-28-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Yes it is that simple. What year GTX? I have a 03 and you must use 05 drive shaft on 03 I think 04 and 05 also. everything else is the same accept the wear ring. I would replace the bellows and check the carbon seal while you have it apart. like PR said you are going to need more ponies to turn the taller impellers. If you are stock I would try the 14/17 you might have to tweak on it a little to get your rpms up.

Thread Information