Thread: HI TEMP Alarm

HI TEMP Alarm

So I changed the oil on my 05 RXT last week....

Have put about 2-3 hours on it since then and the past two days I have been out riding, getting some RPM's in the area of 7900, was getting 8100 prior to the change but it has been really humid since then but no temps/humidity that the ski hasn't been in before... As the title of the post implies I have gotten a high temp alarm, twice each on seperate rides

It only happens when I am doing 360's for a period of 20-30 seconds at a time.... Been doing a bunch of hole shots and long period WOT runs with no changes/alarms/abnormalaties in the ski.... Checked the engine both time and nothing was out of place, coolant level seemed fine, the big exhaust pipe hanging above the throttle unit under the rear seat is still attached and doing well and the engine has some heat coming off it but nothing abnormal, oil level seems to be okay... when the ski is completely "cold" the level is on the lower bend and after riding it hard, checked the level and it rose to the top bend, obviously after the 30/30 rule the level is directly between the two.... so I have no clue where to go from here.... no clue what to check next. I really am an amatuer when it comes to jet ski motors and am looking for help.....

REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP GUYS!!!!!
    Last edited by jaycee; 07-27-2007 at 01:31 PM.

What is "the 30/30 rule"?

You want the oil in the middle when the engine is hot and the motor is level. You need to pull some oil out, this may get your rpm back up, depending on what your air temps are.

How many 360s are you doing when the H-temp goes off? you may just be doing so many that you don't have much water flowing through the exhaust setting off the alarm. If you can go WOT for miles with no alarms, then everything is OK
    Last edited by Lurker; 07-27-2007 at 04:25 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    How many 360s are you doing then the H-temp goes off? you may just be doing so many that you don't have much water flowing through the exhaust setting off the alarm.
    This is exactly whats happening

Well okay....

Guess I got some bad info....

So I will pull some oil out and stop being suck a crazy sucker on the old girl.....

Thanks guys!!!!

Thread Information