Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help from both sides!!!

Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated. And i posted this in sea-doo's part of the forum also because i know everyones opinions are a lil biased but truthfull. Thanks!!!

Wow so many people commented me! ITs AMAZING how much help everyone is. NOT! 21 views and 2 days an noone even takes the time to help someone. Everyone in the Sea-Doo portion of the forum is extremly helpful and nice. I do know that if all kawasaki owners help this much. I dont ever want to own one.

Thanks

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    What kind of water do you ride in? How much chop? Do you like long rides or balls out racing? Looking for speed, acceleration or hanlding? Do you tow much? Do you have someone riding with you? How well can you work on a motor? All these will go into play when looking at a new ski? Do you want 4-stroke or 2?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    it really comes down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable on.

on the flipside... make me an offer on my Ultra250..... i like the boat just not the dealer i bought it from and the only way not to deal with them anymore is to get rid of the boat completely

I live on the beach. (Daphne, Al) Like 20 mins from Gulf Shores So i'll be doing alot of riding in the bay with choppy conditions. And i will get out into the gulf as much as possible so waves will be a normal riding condition for me, so airtime will be experienced. And yes i love speed. If it goes fast i love it. Handling is very important also. Some gas economy would e nice but not required.

Go with a RXP, can't beat em. We down at my neck of the woods have an RXP of every color ever made except for the new yellow paint scheme, and everyone adores them. Expect a top speed of about 67 bone stock with 93 octane. Fuel economy? The RXP's is ok, crusing about 40 you could ride all day, but open it up frequently, and that superchargers running about 50,000 rpm and sucking the gas down the line. They handle awsome as well, very hard to turn over for a 2 seater, and can turn on a dime. The VTS is neat as well, you can have some real fun on those waves once you trim up all the way. If you are gonna get some airtime though, and do decide on a RXP, put the new metal clutches in the supercharger ASAP. Jerry can hook you up

And this is coming from a guy who has owned a Kawasaki and a Sea-doo at the same time, and the Sea-doo has 100 hrs on it, the Kawasaki, 30 hrs, before it got sold. So my opinion isn't biased based on the fact that I've just rode on of the ski's, I've owned both and perfer Sea-doo more than Kawasaki 98%. That's just for PWC's though. I looove my Kawasaki 750SX stand-up, it's awsome!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Hi everyone im new to the forums and im in need of some help from you guys if you dont mind. I currently have a 96 kawasaki 750 STS which i am goin to give to my other half and plan on buying myself another PWC. Its a toss up between the Sea-Doo RXP (215HP model of course) the kawasaki Ultra 250 or Yamaha GP 1300R. I havnt been on a PWC in a while and im way way out of the loop so all input will be appreciated. And i posted this in sea-doo's part of the forum also because i know everyones opinions are a lil biased but truthfull. Thanks!!!
    If you plan on running in the bay or the Gulf, get a 250X. The Seadoo will not handle the chop anywhere near as well as the 250. Big, stable hull and a ton of hp and bottom end.
    I grew up in Mobile county down by Dog River so I'm familiar with the conditions you'll be riding in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    If you plan on running in the bay or the Gulf, get a 250X. The Seadoo will not handle the chop anywhere near as well as the 250. Big, stable hull and a ton of hp and bottom end.
    I grew up in Mobile county down by Dog River so I'm familiar with the conditions you'll be riding in.

But how would it do in the air? Hulls prone to cracking or anything like that? From what ive been reading seadoo seem to have reliability issues (PLEASE do not turn this into a flaming thread thank you) and since i already have kawasaki and it has never gave me any problems.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    But how would it do in the air? Hulls prone to cracking or anything like that? From what ive been reading seadoo seem to have reliability issues (PLEASE do not turn this into a flaming thread thank you) and since i already have kawasaki and it has never gave me any problems.

anything is gonna break when you abuse it, some just do it more quickly than others... some of the rxp's have been having issues with delamination on the hulls.

the ultra has quirks as well.

i jsut had mine taken care of after a month of sitting at the dealer. the only reason i am selling it is so i don't have to deal with that dealer ever again... i love the boat but the only way to stay where i am at and not have to drive almost two hours for service is to buy an rxp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information