06 RXT SC failure

I have an 06 rxt first sc went at 5 hrs second went at 42 hrs I put on a riva surge protector hose and the third sc went at 60 hrs does anyone know if the surge protector was a good choice or do I not need it ? I have a set of metal washers on order hope this will stop my problem. Seadoo has been covering the sc under warranty but I don't like the down time the shop keeps telling me I'm the only one that he has seen with this problem. hahahahaha Itold him to look on the net

If you keep putting ceramics back in every time it fails then I think you've found your problem.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    The BOV is worthless for protecting ceramic washers IMHO. It serves ZERO purpose for any ski. I have yet to hear one person say "if you'd of had a BOV that wouldn't have happened" or "good thing I installed that BOV".

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    The BOV is worthless for protecting ceramic washers IMHO. It serves ZERO purpose for any ski. I have yet to hear one person say "if you'd of had a BOV that wouldn't have happened" or "good thing I installed that BOV".

Then you obviously dont know a thing about performance forced induction engines.

Surge is a very real issue. What do you think happens to all that compressed air between the supercharger and throttle blade when you slam it shut at medium to high rpm's...?????

However, I do not know enough about the washer issue on these ski's so I cant comment whether or how much it helps that.

If you think a blow off valve is useless then why not say the same about oil changes...? The affects of missing an oil change are not immediate either.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Well, please explain to me what a BOV does for our ski's? This time think before you type. The supercharger needs to be rebuilt every 100 hours so the BOV isn't extending the life of it. It most certainly isn't saving the ceramic washers from blowing up. BRP didn't put one on it stock. The only reason they even exist for our application is because someone at Riva thought they might help protect the ceramic washers and increase their bottom line. They have use in the automotive industry but for most of us serve no purpose on our ski's. Anyone that would mod their ski would be smart enough to ease off the throttle in the first place, I hope.

This horse has been beat to death, shot, kicked, poked and run over.

Thread Information