Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem Hooking up at certain VTS position

When I have the VTS set two ticks or more above the center and I go WOT from a dead stop it take 2 to 3 skips before the ski hooks up. If I am rolling it hooks up no problem. Essentially from a dead stop I have to be one tick above the middle or below. So far my top speed is 70.8 at 8180 RPM's, you can see my list of mods in my sig. Is this normal for my mods? Is there anything I can do to get better hookup? With these mods should I be able to get a better top speed? Right now I am essentially hitting the rev limiter so was wondering if I need to to tweak the 14/19 or upgrade to the next prop.

nothing wrong with that shows your sc isnt slipping

I have pretty much the same mods w/ pumpwedge and regular riva intake and I'm getting 72.4 @8100.......I think that when you get that close to the rev limiter it cuts timing....you want to be @8100 or a tad above to get full power with the stock ECU. I have a +2mm bend on the trailing edge of my 14/19R.......you may want to start with 1mm but im not an expert dialing in RPMs........I'm sure somone will chime in with more experience. GOOD LUCK

as far as not hooking up im guessing with your trim up you're probably just jumping strait outta the water......just start in lower position....i don't think there is a fix for staying hooked up with the trim up from the start

+1
    My mods are about the same as yours. On a holeshot, I can launch at neutral, or 1 tick + or - and it takes off like a bat outta hell. Two ticks up or more and it jumps outta the water enough to make the pump unhook quite severe.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPwildchild View Post
    My mods are about the same as yours. On a holeshot, I can launch at neutral, or 1 tick + or - and it takes off like a bat outta hell. Two ticks up or more and it jumps outta the water enough to make the pump unhook quite severe.
    This is exactly what I see, sounds like an expected issue.

+1
    Yup, this is why the ski has VTS in the first place. It allows you to tune the trim to whatever works best in the given situation. Even my stock RXP will will bounce up and suck some air if you don't the trim and weight correct when you take off out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GP1200R View Post
    Yup, this is why the ski has VTS in the first place. It allows you to tune the trim to whatever works best in the given situation. Even my stock RXP will will bounce up and suck some air if you don't the trim and weight correct when you take off out of the hole.
    This is why I was not sure if it was normal or not. When it was stock or through the first upgrades it would not bounce out of the hole. It was after the thru-hull and the 14/19R that it started doing it. Now it sounds like I might need to repitch the prop to trim down the RPM's and I might be able to get a better top speed since I hit 8180RPM solid at WOT so I'm sure it is probably bouncing of the rev limiter.

+1
    I wouldn't be too concerned with a small drop in RPM's being the weather that we're having here on the east coast. With any forced induction engine (turbo or supercharged), heat and humidity will rob some performance. I see an average of 7960-8000 when ambient temps get 90F or better while riding 100ft-300ft above sea level.
    Save the cool mornings for top speed testing.

+1
    Lean over the handle bars and get your weight foward and it will not hop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information