Thread: Carb Adjustment

Carb Adjustment

Does anyone know an easy/best/ right way to adjust carburetors. I did the rebuild job with the rejet kit and am estatic with the performance...but as always I am not sure I am eeking the last MPH out of the new carb job...Low end and mid range are simply awesome...NOTHING beats me! but on the top end I get to 6840 RPM at 60MPH (GPS)...not sure if I should take the HS screws in just a little (they are currently at 1/4 turn out) or to take em out just a little farther. Anyone have any ideas for me to get that extra MPH on the top end out...if nothing else I am happy with the SKI!

Sounds like you have the carbs where they should be, you dont want to risk leaning it out much more and seizing pistons. what other mods are you running? If no other mods, those rpms are about all your going to get. I would try a diff prop, i put a solas concord 15/23 along with a r&d aquavein intake, got alot more pull out of the hole, little on the top end, and stayed hooked up in the chop better, turning about 6940 rpms.....BigT

Edit: I just saw another post of yours, if you have the gsx limited, disregard the above post, it is for a 787 motor-gsx ....BigT
    Last edited by BigT; 07-28-2007 at 10:18 PM.

+1
    "Rejet kit" ? - what jets do you have now? Stock airbox or flame arrestors like Prok or R&D? What year and model ski?

Dan (drb)

98 GSXL

Oh ya one more thing...
    I am running a set of PROK's with 80 small Jets 167.5 mains, with 2.3 Needle and seats, freshly rebuilt carbs. Getting around 135 LBS of compression on both front and rear cylinders...Run exactly 60 GPS MPH. I had been reading a couple of different posts and it sounds like I should be running my rear carb setup just a little richer than the front...I have never seen 6900 RPM...but the ski seems to haul $%^...Thanks for the replies!

carb adj

bump...

Thread Information