Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thought I had it fixed:

a while back the ski was shutting off on it`s own. I looked for clues/reasons why, checked everything electrical/connectors etc. different lanyards also...
    after looking at all the connections and replacing with new almost all the fuses that seemed to cure the problem . so for the last few rides it didn`t act up...
    Yesterday we went out, ski ran fine, stop to go for a swim, refired about 25-30 minutes later and while idling back into the channel it shut off .

refired again and it continued to run. we ran out to the inlet, bounced around some waves and headed back in, went to sort of "race" my girly friend and the ski fell on it`s face right off throttle. refired again and it didn`t act up the rest of the day. we put about 52 miles on and was out about4 hours... everytime the ski would shut off, you have to remove the lanyard and put it back on the post to hit start button,,then it`ll fire...
    without changing out electrical parts I`m at a loss...PR...

lanyards do go bad occasionally, no idea if that's your problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    lanyards do go bad occasionally, no idea if that's your problem though.
    Thanks GTXX, I was using my original lanyard for the longest time, and when this occured switched to a spankin new one that I had for a spare, and the following ride did the same thing...PR...

Did you have this problem before you changed the handlebars? Could have somthing to do with the DESS mount on the new bars?

Quote Originally Posted by KEN G View Post
    Did you have this problem before you changed the handlebars? Could have somthing to do with the DESS mount on the new bars?
    good Question: I really don`t have anything to compare situations with bc, I didn`t get a lot of run time when the bars were first installed prior to the ski getting fixed up north. I can say that for the first few outings it didn`t konk out.
    anything is possible: the LCD display reads "0" RPMs when ski shuts down, so screen or power is still active...
    Is there a relay for the ECU? if so where is it...these types of intermittin gremlins are a PITA to fix...PR...

+1
    You sure it's not gas or gas pressure related? Just thinking outloud.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'd say bad DESS post before bad lanyard since it's intermittent like this....

just cut the old dess post off and splice a new one on with those marine crimp conectors... except i think the dess post is like 85 bucks if i remember my part numbers and prices correctly, dont quote me

obviously a warranty issue... but a hard one to diagnose and get covered since it doesn't really replicate itself often... by time you pay $50 dollar deductible, just buy the new dess post, lol

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    oooooOOOooOoo.. so the gauges never turn off at all? not even for a split second?

does it hapen mainly at WOT operation or cruising? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    You sure it's not gas or gas pressure related? Just thinking outloud.
    it doesn`t act like gas related, it acts like someone turn the switch off, that quick. and there are different scenario`s so I cannot duplicate conditions. Yesterday was the first time it shut down when I hit the throttle hard, it`s never done that before. What I don`t get is I`m getting one Looong beep right after it shuts off , you would think it "was" the lanyard...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    oooooOOOooOoo.. so the gauges never turn off at all? not even for a split second?

does it hapen mainly at WOT operation or cruising? or both?
    Steve, If I ride continuosly, not shutting it down to stop for a dip, the ski ran fine for the last 3-4 rides, no cut out. It seems when I shut off the ski for any length of time and refire is when this occurs...
    answer to your question: anytime it feels like doing it. I do pay attention to when it happens, just hassn`t repeated itself where 2 occasions were alike...PR...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information