HELP...Fresh Water in engine

On saturday, my rxp flipped over and i belive there is water in the engine....what is the best way to get it out....Please advise...

thank you
    Jmaxy

Quote Originally Posted by jmaxy View Post
    On saturday, my rxp flipped over and i belive there is water in the engine....what is the best way to get it out....Please advise...

thank you
    Jmaxy
    Take the intake hose off and drain, take the SC hose off and drain. Get all the water out of the intake you can. Take the plugs out, crank it at WOT until the water blows out. Put plugs back in and start the engine and warm it up on the hose. Preferably ride the ski until it warms up and blows all the remaining water out. Change the oil with cheap 10W-40, run again. Change the oil with cheap 10W-40, run again....this should be enough to get rid of all the moisture. To be absolutely safe, change the oil using good oil, one more time. I also use some CRC 3-36 or any good electrical spray on the plug wires and in the cylinders before starting it up.

Do all of this as soon as possible after drowning the ski.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    take the intake hose off the front of the supercharger... the black rubber hose with ribs

tilt the bow of the ski UP as high as you possible can.. literally, get it as high as posible on the trailer or whatever you have...

now hold the throttle wide open for a few seconds..

now take all 3 spark plugs out and again, hold the throttle wide open and hold down the start button for several seconds. if you ALOT fo water shooting out like 15+ feet into the air then keep on cranking and cranking. if it's just a misting then crank it a few times until the mist diminishes... it will never totally just stop misting.

put either new spark plugs in.. OR go buy a can of carb and choke cleaner and spray the tips of your old plugs... put the plugs back in and try to start it, make take several trys.

if after maybe 5 attempts no success, take the plugs back out, hold the throtle and crank again... spray the plugs down with carb cleaner and put them back in and repeat.

once you get the engine running... just let it idle for a bit... hook it up to the flush and run it for 3 or 4 minutes

after all this, pull the dipstick out and look at the condition of the oil... is it whitish and milky? or does it still look like clean oil? change oil if necessary

+1
    ohh yea, and to see Shib explain it, I wish I had a buck for every ski he has had to do this to Happens more than u would think....

+1

Post The video

I was out with Jeff and Dave when this happened. My video camera was on-board Dave's ski, and as they were both pinned up against some logs at a bridge in swift current, video was shot after the rescue.
    I will post what we have after the editing is complete and uploaded to You Tube.

This should be taken as a serious warning to any other BC skiers who choose to tackle the icy glacier 50 degree waters of the Pit River as another ski was lost just about a week ago and was discovered under a log by jet boaters. Helicopter search and rescue spent two days flying up and down the river in search of the rider. Rider was not found, no body found either and assumed to have abandoned the ski as it was irretrievable.

Also, two drownings in the past two weeks, one of which was just the other day. Even with a life jacket, he was sucked down from the undercurrents.

We were very lucky. Out of the three of us, two skis were down and cell phones had no service. We were almost fkd. had it not been for a 20 minute window of opportunity when two jet boats came through.

SideFX

+1

Thumbs up Vid link

Thread Information