Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Just4Fun

Newbi looking for help on purchase of Speedster 150

This forum is great, I'm planning on purchasing a new Speedster 150 155hp next weekend. Here are some of my reasons for picking the 155hp, what do you think?

1 Top end speed is not important to me 40mph is great (not a racer)

2 Dead start proformance is very important

3 I will ride with 2 on board 90% and 4 10%

4 I will be pulling it behind my 45' boat ( 8-13 mph) on trips to the florida keys

5 My big boat is not gasoline so mpg is important

Thanks for you thoughts

congrad's on the new boat!! i think you will love it as a " play toy" since you have a bigger boat, just check on blocking the exhaust when you tow it so you don't get water back up in the motor.. maybe someone elso can advise you better.. other than that have fun!!!

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Congrads!!!!

It goes faster then 40MPH More Like 47-49 Depending on water conditions. Also you will have to clamp the water supply hose that runs from the jet pump housing to the engine exhaust with a large hose pincher. Sea Doo part# 529 032 500
    Towing speed should not exceed 15 MPH.
    Buy a cover for it so you can cover it up when in tow. They sell covers with a crank strap so you can secure it well for trailering and towing to the keys. you will love it just change the engine oil and filter alot and flush exhaust with fresh tap water after each use. Also change the sparkplugs once a year. You should be able to purchase that boat for no more then $14,700+tax I paid $14,495+tax but that was last spring in 2006 when I bought it. Have a blast & Hold ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just4Fun

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    It goes faster then 40MPH More Like 47-49 Depending on water conditions. Also you will have to clamp the water supply hose that runs from the jet pump housing to the engine exhaust with a large hose pincher. Sea Doo part# 529 032 500
    Towing speed should not exceed 15 MPH.
    Buy a cover for it so you can cover it up when in tow. They sell covers with a crank strap so you can secure it well for trailering and towing to the keys. you will love it just change the engine oil and filter alot and flush exhaust with fresh tap water after each use. Also change the sparkplugs once a year. You should be able to purchase that boat for no more then $14,700+tax I paid $14,495+tax but that was last spring in 2006 when I bought it. Have a blast & Hold ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

How fast will the boat come out of the hole on startup?? with 2 people or 4 people??

THANKS

Boat is pretty quick out of the hole but more people=slower hole shot. If it's just 2 people on board it's very fast out of the hole but if you have 4 riders you will see/feel a major difference coming out of the hole.

Just4Fun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    Boat is pretty quick out of the hole but more people=slower hole shot. If it's just 2 people on board it's very fast out of the hole but if you have 4 riders you will see/feel a major difference coming out of the hole.

Is it worth going for a 215hp for the 10% with 4 people?

With all the problems sea doo is having with the super charger washers shattering I wouldn't doo it. I f you get the SCIC model you must have the Ceramic SC Washers changed to metal washers before u put it in the water
    I just think the 155HP is so much eisier to maintain and alot less mechanical problems.But thats just my 2cents...

I've never seen anyone post in here "I have too much power" and "What mods can I do to my Speedster to slow it down?".....

The 155 is likely just fine, but if it turns out you're left wanting more power, you'll wish you had gotten the 215.

Went through something similar with my car. Figured the smaller engine would be all I needed, but the entire time I owned it I ended up wishing I'd have gotten the bigger engine. Only you can answer the question "Is 155hp enough?".

FYI, my 215 is a sloth with four people in it too. Remember, if you get the 215, you pretty much have to get the SC washers changed out before you're able to use it, and that's another $200 (and more if you don't remove/install the SC yourself). If you are only worried about low-end grunt and not top speed, you pretty much answered your question there.

Well let me put it this way, I got the 215 and have had every problem you can pretty much have, but when its running good you forget all that, and I would never go back and get the 155, reliable or not, the power is far more important to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information