Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Angry I had a GEO weekend!!!

O hell, where to start? The begining I guess...

Got greenwheel all hooked up and everything was ready to go on friday night. The wife and I were going to take the Doo's out for a quick test run saturday morning. We were taking the family out Sunday. So we get on the water. I'm jonesin to test this greenwheel. We go out. I get on it....there is a difference, but no night and day out of the hole. Pulls like a raped ape in the midrange....Top speed, well, no difference. RPM's 8100-8150. Boost 8.7lbs. Hmmm....Sean very confused. Nothing feels wrong, but she's not quite tickling my jimmy like I expected. No worries, I figured something's just not tip top, it's stupid hot and humid, I don't run and aftermarket IC....basically rationalizing. Anyhow, I'm with my girl and just want to have a good time now. So, we spend the rest of the next hour or so just riding 'round. Once or twice the GTX would crank then quit when Kris would try and start it, but it always whirled right over the next try. (didn't think much of it).

Saturday morning ends for our short test ride. We load 'em up on the trailer and pull off the beach and BAAAM, creeeek, squeeeell.....hub totally gernaded! I'm not totally surprised this is one overworked trailer, so we take it in stride having known this was in the works for some time. Call AAA....they don't cover trailers, damn! Trailer is still on the beach in the sand, so there's no way in hell I'm taking this hub apart in 12:00pm Florida sun in July...ain't happinen. Then, all of a sudden, like an angelic voice she says to me, "we should just get a NEW trailer, you're always working on that old thing." EUREKA!!!!! I'm already on the phone with a local dealer before she finishes. Locate one and I can pick it up that day!....problem, I'm still on the beach with two skis and a busted azz trailer. I get on the horn with a tow truck driver. (after AAA dude gave me a school girl tude about how they won't call, but he'll give me any number...."how many you want?"....dick) Costs me 110 to get the trailer/skis flatbeded home.....suck.

Skis safely in the driveway, I wash. While flushing the RXP I look at the pump area....water shooting from every angle between the pump and shoe. I almost get mad, but then it dawns on me I was down speed and the holeshot sucked. So anger turns to joy cause I found my speed problem...awesome. Two hours later we drop 1200 on a new dual Karavan. Kinda sucks, but now we've got a shinny new, headache free trailer.

Go to the Red Sox/Devil Rays game....Rays loose in the 12th, not surprised.....anyhow.

Get home at 1:30am from B-ball game and transfer skis to new trailer, I just cant wait.

Next morning, sunday, go down to pack everything up and fire up the skis(always check before leaving the house). The GTX does nothing! Son-of-a! Battery DEAD!!!! It's sunday, nobody stocks CHARGED batteries. Frankenstien the battery out of my fathers lawn mower...it works, sweet! Get to the water, GTX not starting....DAMN.(now I'm just not even surprised sheiot is going wrong). Turns out I yanked the spark plug wires off somehow. Plugged back up, ran like a top. Had a great day!

Get home wash the skis, flush the "P", flu...wheres the lanyard for the GTX???? O MY GAAAAAAWWWWWWD!!!!! So, here I sit with no lanyard and one UNFLUSHED DOO!!!!!!!!!!! (no I don't have a spare, so save it!) What an expensive Doo'in weekend this has been!

Mood - worn out

Monday morning - battery $80-100
    lanyard+programing?????
    and I get to drop the wife's tahoe at the body shop cause someone backed into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $500 deductible
    Last edited by SeanCucf; 07-29-2007 at 09:56 PM.

man after all that, you should take off work monday and go out and play on the water!!!

+1
    Thanks for the story my weekend looks pretty good now

mr. knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnson View Post
    man after all that, you should take off work monday and go out and play on the water!!!
    no doubt, after a weekend like that i would need a few days to recoup.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Sorry man!...You still got a long way to go through what I have though!....And I swear to God I will ship you know what tomorrow!

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Sorry to hear all that happened to you. Make sure you keep an eye on that Karavan Trailer. Water got into my 2006 Kravan trailer hubs and ruined the races and bearings. After you put 75 miles on that trailer,jack it up one side at a time and make sure the end play isn't too loose.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Hope you remembered to put Liquid Rollers on the new trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Hope you remembered to put Liquid Rollers on the new trailer.
    not yet, but today. Just got back from dropping off wifes car at the shop, now I gotta call around and try to get a lanyard and have it programmed so I can flush the ski

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Sorry man!...You still got a long way to go through what I have though!....And I swear to God I will ship you know what tomorrow!
    Oh yeah, no way I've touched your resume'......no worries 'bout the res.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post

Monday morning - battery $80-100
    lanyard+programing $50
    and I get to drop the wife's tahoe at the body shop cause someone backed into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $500 deductible

Waking up each morning knowing that you STILL have better luck than Geo --------- PRICELESS!

Perfect Mastercard ad right there......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information