07 GP1300R

Recommend shop in North Florida?

Got a GP1300R about a week ago, and can't wait to start tweaking on it. Usually I would have no problem diggin right in on it myself, but not on a brand new ski, especially my first one.

If anyone can recommend any performance shops in the North Florida area I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm looking to get the pump tunnel reinforced possibly some engine work. I've read a lot on this forum, but would still like to sit down with a mechanic that can recommend the right parts for my riding style.

Thanks
    GP1300RnPVB

+1

Thumbs up

i dont know about north florida but, Jims1300 has a shop near Tampa and can take care of you

+1
    Can't say that I have heard about anything reputable in the Jacksonville Area.
    However Jim in Tampa would be worth the drive and he definately knows what works and what doesn't. His #s are on the bottom of my post.

I've been riding in Jacksonville for over 8 years now, and unfortunately there aren't any shops I would recommend for performance mods. There are a couple of high volume dealers that can get Riva and R&D parts, but just remember, they are high volume and their deal is to move skis in and out as fast as possible. A co-worker just took his GPR to a large dealer here in town for some mods, and ended up flooding his engine because they left off the pisser line on the stinger coupling.

As others have posted, I would spend the time and go see Jim in Tampa. I have sent several parts out to him including my stock head and new 05 pump and impeller. His work is outstanding

He is a straight up guy, and can definitely improve the performance of your stock ski.

Now if you ever need just a machine shop, Southern Machine can make just about anything. They make custom rod parts, and they have made several custom ski parts for me. They are also great at installing SS inserts (and I've needed several).

If you have any questions about the area, just let me know.

07 GP1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorcountry View Post
    I've been riding in Jacksonville for over 8 years now, and unfortunately there aren't any shops I would recommend for performance mods. There are a couple of high volume dealers that can get Riva and R&D parts, but just remember, they are high volume and their deal is to move skis in and out as fast as possible. A co-worker just took his GPR to a large dealer here in town for some mods, and ended up flooding his engine because they left off the pisser line on the stinger coupling.

As others have posted, I would spend the time and go see Jim in Tampa. I have sent several parts out to him including my stock head and new 05 pump and impeller. His work is outstanding

He is a straight up guy, and can definitely improve the performance of your stock ski.

Now if you ever need just a machine shop, Southern Machine can make just about anything. They make custom rod parts, and they have made several custom ski parts for me. They are also great at installing SS inserts (and I've needed several).

If you have any questions about the area, just let me know.
    Thanks, good info!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorcountry View Post

+1

Jim is a good guy. Straight forward and very east to deal with.

Thread Information