Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gtx limited vs. RXT

I am going to be buying either an 07 gtx limited or the new rxt later this week but had a few quick questions...

First, are speeds and acceleration about the same on both bikes? I know they have the same motor and all. Just wondering if anything on the limited was different besides the depth finder, gps, etc. I am leaning towards the limited because of the options but I dont want to get out on the water and get smoked by the rxts we ride with.

I think I already know the answer to this question but are the gtx's experiencing the same washer problems as the other skis? I have talked to three dealers around here and not one of them has any idea about the washers...said they have sold hundreds of the supercharged skis and never had one back but for regular maint.

One more question. If I buy the bike from my local dealer, he said do not touch the supercharger or anything else. If I was to have Jerry install the metal washers, is there any way the shop could find out? I'm going to be getting the 3 year warranty and dont want to void that out.
    THanks for the help guys, only found this forum a few weeks ago and now I have another forum that Im addicted to and have logged quite a few hours reading up lately.
    IAN

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    yes, all 07 and prior (except 03's) superchargers have the ceramics.....change them out. the dealer will not know, because your sc'er won't break and you won't be in the shop to begin with. Doubt, HIGHLY they would know the difference even if they did pull the SC'er (though, they wouldn't have to cause the washers won't grenade in the first place).

don't know if the extra features will effect speed/handling vs. the RXT, but I'd get the limited if it's SC/IC'd 215hp... just my opinion.

IF you like Blue, the GTX ltd is the boat to get. There was one out yesterday riding, and I must say it is the BEST looking boat on the water. I frikkin love it. The red/white RXT would be my second choice.

Love my Ltd.
    Would not take for the depthfinder and glove box GPS.
    Will be buying a new 08 model Ltd. all the way.
    I have blasted many RXT's- beat a couple when mine was stock.
    Go for the caddy- imo

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    they will be same speed... if anything LTD faster (it's lighter)

the 07 GTX LTD may be one of the nicest boats they've ever made... classy, sleek, looks awesome on the water... they picked an awesome color blue and used the perfect amount of accenting and decals.

i can't wait to see what they do for 2008... they really did impress me this past year with the color choices

its the same ski !! same engine same body etc..you are only paying extra for some assecories.....but you blasted many rxt's??

Shibby, its only 10 lbs lighter, and I am curious as to how its lighter, especially when you look at the new style seat(looks heavier) and the accessories they add?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    they will be same speed... if anything LTD faster (it's lighter)

the 07 GTX LTD may be one of the nicest boats they've ever made... classy, sleek, looks awesome on the water... they picked an awesome color blue and used the perfect amount of accenting and decals.

i can't wait to see what they do for 2008... they really did impress me this past year with the color choices
    I agree 146%
    I wish my wife felt like we do...I would love a backup boat...uh..uh.. I mean a boat for my wife...yea yeah

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I agree 146%
    I wish my wife felt like we do...I would love a backup boat...uh..uh.. I mean a boat for my wife...yea yeah
    I hear ya Steve! My wife wants nothing to do with the sport unless I spend money on modding it! I actually feel that the GTXL (07) is too nice to get roughed up! I agree with you guys that it is the best color combination on that platform so far!

+1

Talking

is the RXT cheaper, and if so by how much? I think U can buy the GPS glove box lid and just buy a less expensive model gps unit to just go into the slot.
    As far as the depth finder I guess that would be a great tool to have but judging by the price difference I would go the RXT way.The only other thing is is that if U have to have the best go GTX Ltd. for sure, but IMO they R both good boats, but the lesser will mean U have more money to mod!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information