Water upfront on my RXT/ this normal?

After a good 2hr ride (in some chop some waves crashing over the nose etc....) I seem to have about 3-4 cups of water in my front storage compartment? is this fairly normal? Anything I should be watching out for? Thanks...

i just took the plug at the bottom of the storage out so the water automatically drains into the hull and out the bailer tubes

yeah.... this is somewhat normal....

after a nice choppy ride I normally have about a cup or so in the front....

I have a bone shaped sponge that I use just for this reason... bailing this sucker out of the little fluid that gets in there.....also the foot wells after I throw it up on my jetdock... or just pull the plug like rocko said

Just always keep an eye on it and if you notice more than about a cup or two(relative to conditions) check the seal around your hatch for general integrity....

thanks but...

Thanks, one more quick one. If I pull the plug and let drain as suggested I guess I won't ever really be able to tell if I have an issue as there will never be excess water build up as it will always be drain? Or suggesting pull plug let drain and then put plug back in?

ng?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    yeah.... this is somewhat normal....

after a nice choppy ride I normally have about a cup or so in the front....

I have a bone shaped sponge that I use just for this reason... bailing this sucker out of the little fluid that gets in there.....also the foot wells after I throw it up on my jetdock... or just pull the plug like rocko said

Just always keep an eye on it and if you notice more than about a cup or two(relative to conditions) check the seal around your hatch for general integrity....

i think you are worrying needlessly...a little H2O up front is normal if you submarine it alot.......if your tired of having to get the water out the front, pull the plug and be done with it....if your worried about the water backing up from the hull up to the front box, dont!......cause if thats happening you have more to worry about then that little plug......just my $.02

Had same problem.
    Take a light and shine thru hood seal- mine had gap I could see thru up front.
    I bought some car door edge trim at walmart and put over the plastic lip of the outer bottom plastic rib about 3/4 way around.
    Keeps contents dry now.

Thread Information