Thread: PV question??

PV question??

Hi everybody

Just a quick question on the pv's. Posted a while back about my 04 gpr1300 being a bit sluggish all round. Spoke to saltygpr13 about a few suggestions and everything seems ok apart from not yet checking the compression. took the cat out to inspect and its perfect, whilst i had the pipe of checked the reeds and they are all fine. Next is to check compression (ski has done 70 hours) but other than that is the PV'S. I know there was a thread started by salty on this but i dont think it answered my question of which is Do the pv's open when you rev it on the trailor or is this something i have to check on the water with seat of. They do a full cycle after shut down but dont seem to move when you rev it . Any advise would be gratefull

PS go gentle with me, still finding my way around these ski's but i do know what a spanner is.

Cheers everyone

+1
    Yes, if you accellerate it rapidly on the trailer they should open.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve's1300gpr View Post
    Hi everybody

Just a quick question on the pv's. Posted a while back about my 04 gpr1300 being a bit sluggish all round. Spoke to saltygpr13 about a few suggestions and everything seems ok apart from not yet checking the compression. took the cat out to inspect and its perfect, whilst i had the pipe of checked the reeds and they are all fine. Next is to check compression (ski has done 70 hours) but other than that is the PV'S. I know there was a thread started by salty on this but i dont think it answered my question of which is Do the pv's open when you rev it on the trailor or is this something i have to check on the water with seat of. They do a full cycle after shut down but dont seem to move when you rev it . Any advise would be gratefull

PS go gentle with me, still finding my way around these ski's but i do know what a spanner is.

Cheers everyone
    call me when you read..wfo posted what i was trying to explain about the 12 and the 13 pv's and there opening times...

Thread Information