Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ceramic Bearings-Worth it?

I'm going to be redoing my super charger. My list of goods are the update shaft kit, Riva S3 impeller, & metal washers of course.

Are the Ceramic bearings worth the extra cash? I read about a couple ceramic failures and how the ceramics are not rated fast enough. If the ceramics are not rated good enough why not stick with the OEM bearings? I ask only because the cost of Ceramic Bearings eats into the cost of other mods i would like to do. Thanks

+1
    im my personal opinion i have installed ONLY 2 sets and TORE UP a set just trying and learning. the CERAMIC OBVIOUSLY RUN MUCH MORE FREE just in a bench set up let alone at 35plus thousand rpm or whatever they run and should be better in NORMAL CONDITIONS but NONE of these are normal conditions we are MODIFYING SKIS FELLAS people want assurance and reassureance and you DONT GET it with TOYS AND GO FAST EQUIPMENT. i hear about the revs as well NOT being sufficient BUT who said the METAL ones were or are sufficient after the MODS we are ALL DOING so im in with CERAMIC until they got BIGGER AND BETTER CERAMIC. handle it ROY cause u know somebody will start BORING and TRUING these housings with some bigger revs and better ceramics! just remember after u modify nothing is for sure no matter what u do! PERIOD! and even if they get bigger and higher reving bearings installed after BORING these superchagers then is there enough meat in the bearing wall/race seat to handle the revs????? we could go on FOREVER on these issues some WORK some DONT its that simple. just get you some and trust Jesus HALLELUIA SAVE ME NOW!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!

+1
    Matt, if you are going to do the upgrade kit which already consists of new stock bearings just leave it at that. If you were going just freshen up your supercharger with new bearings then by all means go the ceramic route.

I was speaking with the rep of the ceramic bearing manufacturer last week and i told him we had a few failures. He was shocked and said that even one failure was unacceptable. I told him that in all the failures we saw it was the cage that failed. He immediately ordered better cages from Germany and shipped me out a batch of upgraded bearings today. These will have titanium fiber reinforced nylon cages and he swears that failures will be nonexistant.

Thanks jerry. I will just stick with OEM for now. Its time for the SC to be rebuilt. 70 hrs and only about 4.5 ft lbs of slip on the clutch.

+1
    can i buy 2 sets NOW Jerry! if so are they in the store now? thanks! i may take the BRAND new ones out i just got from Riva that havent even run due to my luck with BROKEN boats BEFORE I even bolt up my kit and WASTE something else> 100 dollars isnt worth it to me. im in! let me know Jerry thanks!

+1
    Reid, im supposed to have the new bearings in my hands today.

+1
    can i call with a CREDIT CARD to get TWO SETS when u do get them Jerry or how does it work to buy two sets??????????/ 317-752-7506 is my cell number! thanks

You owe me a set!!

+1
    I sure do Jim. In fact, everyone who had a failure is getting a new set.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    can i call with a CREDIT CARD to get TWO SETS when u do get them Jerry or how does it work to buy two sets??????????/ 317-752-7506 is my cell number! thanks
    Reid, have you checked out my online store yet?
    Click here to purchase
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=452

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information