Polaris SLT 700 controller ignition, need of help!!!

I have a huge problem with my polaris slt 700 -96. I got new engine from SBT. Everything was working fine for 2 weeks, but now the controller ignition (cdi Box) is broken. This is the second cdi box that has broken after new engine has been intalled. Anyway, importer can't help! Local dealer send me a box which is from polaris slx -01, but it's for 3-cylinder. Thih box is programable, but i think that it's impossible to get it work in 2-cylinder machine? or is it?
    There is no single damn cdi box in this country...So where can I buy new box??? The part number is 4060117

I really need help with this one...any information is more than needed!!!

+1
    Check the stator wires for damage, pay special attention to the area around the flywheel where the bracket for the cabling sits.
    You should be able to find CDI's on e-bay or maybe it's time to up-grade the system with the CDI/Coil/Stator package??

Stator is working fine. Electric pulse is coming from stator to cdi box, but after that nothing. There is no spark, all the wires has been double checked. Is there some place i could buy it for new. I found one place, not sure did they have it on store, but they didn't have international shipping possibility . I checked out ebay too, but nothing.

+1
    I know Randy at Watcon ships international but he doesn't return from Holiday until Monday next week.

I send e-mail there too, but never got any answer. You know any other places, polaris dealers etc. that might have that part?

+1
    Like I said he was on vacation, he's back today.
    I don't know of any other dealers that ship internationally.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samitala View Post
    I found one place, not sure did they have it on store, but they didn't have international shipping possibility .

Unless it's illegal I'd be happy to receive your shippment and re-ship to you at no charge other than the actual shipping charges

It's not illegal. I just can't understand why it's so difficult to get one small part ...

BTW is there some other cdi boxes that fits SLT 700? Like -98 SLH 700? Or from some other 2-cyl. machines?
    Last edited by samitala; 08-07-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Vacation

I'm back from vacation, and I am in the process of answering my messages.. I will be caught up by tomorrow.. Thanks,
    Randy

Fixed

The problem has been fixed. I lost 2 new cdi-boxes, because of bad stator. I bought a new ignition upgrade kit from Watcon. Kit contains stator, cdi-box, coil, and wires. It's working great now. I learn my lesson, not to go the easiest way. Thanx to Randy from watcon and ph2ocraft for helping me out with this and for good tips.

Thread Information