I finally had my chance to race a kawi and here is what happend
    conditions
    86 air temp
    87 water temp
    8 mph wind
    moderate chop and boat swells
    both riders about 225
    both skis stock rxt 34 hrs kawi 14 hrs
    1st run kawi walks away slowly at take off and slowly walked away more and more as we ran for two miles except when the chop would get worse seemed the kawi would pull away a little more .
    when we stopped the kawis fuel alarm sounded my rxt was full with a 15lb cooler in the nose he went and filled it up and i took cooler out for the next run also on gps i got 61 or so wich is slow but considering chop it was understandable on glass my ski gps at 65.8
    2nd run both skis full tanks mine maybe a tad less
    we rode to a long cove that was pretty much glass with a very small wind ripple across it
    At take off kawi pulls by about a two boat lengths as we got to the top end of rpms and speed kawi very slowly was pulling and i mean slow less than .5mph
    i got down into a superman wich he did not and the kawi stopped puilling a way wich was what i thought would happen .
    so all and all i was pleased with my rxt even though the hole shot of the kawi is way better.
    but the kawi will not smoke a rxt but will just slowly walk away. i have a 04 gtx sc 185 hp and my rxt pulls away from the gtx like the kawi does the rxt very slowly. hope to race more this weekend will post mre after the runs.

Thats about the long and short of it. Although some from both sides tend to exaggerate a bit...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yeah, he should of pulled away from you with your gps speed. Do yourself a favor and get a set of skegs, will even you up with the Kawi in the chop. The Kawi's take the stock SD's (both RXP and RXT) on take off. That motor has serious low end pull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    After almost 4 months of kawi hunting on Jordon lake in North Carolina
    I finally had my chance to race a kawi and here is what happend
    conditions
    86 air temp
    87 water temp
    8 mph wind
    moderate chop and boat swells
    both riders about 225
    both skis stock rxt 34 hrs kawi 14 hrs
    1st run kawi walks away slowly at take off and slowly walked away more and more as we ran for two miles except when the chop would get worse seemed the kawi would pull away a little more .
    when we stopped the kawis fuel alarm sounded my rxt was full with a 15lb cooler in the nose he went and filled it up and i took cooler out for the next run also on gps i got 61 or so wich is slow but considering chop it was understandable on glass my ski gps at 65.8
    2nd run both skis full tanks mine maybe a tad less
    we rode to a long cove that was pretty much glass with a very small wind ripple across it
    At take off kawi pulls by about a two boat lengths as we got to the top end of rpms and speed kawi very slowly was pulling and i mean slow less than .5mph
    i got down into a superman wich he did not and the kawi stopped puilling a way wich was what i thought would happen .
    so all and all i was pleased with my rxt even though the hole shot of the kawi is way better.
    but the kawi will not smoke a rxt but will just slowly walk away. i have a 04 gtx sc 185 hp and my rxt pulls away from the gtx like the kawi does the rxt very slowly. hope to race more this weekend will post mre after the runs.
    he won't catch me

lol me niether!!!!

Thread Information