Noob, needs help with oil.

I just picked up my 250X and have really been enjoying it. This is my first PWC and I really don't know what I am doing yet as for engine stuff.

I noticed that my oil seems quite high, like really high. I am planning on bringing it down to the shop (harley) and suck some oil out through the dip stick tube. Is this the right way to do it? If it was my bike, I would do it that way.

Also, is there anything else that I need to be concerned with after having a grossly overfull oil system.

Do I need to clean the intercooler as some suggest? Or can I just leave it alone and it will clean itself out over time?

I have about 6 hours on this ski, and it is clearly awesome!

Thanks in advance,
    BART

SeaDoocer
    Start by reading this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33559

There are quite a few recent post on the oil issue also. Suck it out through the dip stick.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Go through the motor compartment and check for loose nuts, bolts and screws, especially on the exhaust clamps, they seem to have a tendency to be loose and the hoses popping off.Spend a lil time reading all the past post on here and get familar with the ski and order a service manual.

I think I might check the intercooler and see how full of oil it is....if its full of crap I will just have them fix it at the dealership at my 10 hour check. Its under warranty, and whoever decided to over fill the oil can fix it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Bart View Post
    I think I might check the intercooler and see how full of oil it is....if its full of crap I will just have them fix it at the dealership at my 10 hour check. Its under warranty, and whoever decided to over fill the oil can fix it.
    Its been tried they denied the claim.

Dosn't seem too promising then. However, if its like the Motorcycle business.......the dealership makes all the difference. I will probally give it a shot and see what happens.

Do you think I can just pour brake clean in there to clean it all out then use a hot air blower to dry it?

+1
    Its pretty easy to pull out, do you plan on any mods?

for mods I really dont know yet...everytime I get a new vehicle I always say.....THIS ONE I AM GONNA LEAVE ALONE! But it never happens. I want to make sure my boost is correct by doing the BOV mod to the stock Valve. Thinking about an intake grate and that about it. Maybe a ride plate but I really dont know much about that.

I live in Minnesota, so we have tons of water but where I am at none of it is huge. I ride on 3 lakes, one is about 1000 acres, another is about 1300 acres, and the 3rd is about 1600 acres. Once in a while we hit some 4000 acre lakes but thats about it. Around here a stock ski seems to be the total norm.

Any suggestions?

+1
    I was going to say if you plan on the exhaust mod, i would wait to pull the intercooler as it has to come out to install it, like I said look around on here and see what everybody has been doing.

Go to this web site http://www.teammotowatercraft.com/ and read up on it. This MAN " SKIP" did all the testing on a lot of stuff for FREE for us No one on here has as much time and money invested in the 250X ski and gives all the information to ALL of US for FREEEEE like he did !!!!

Thread Information