Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sl 750 problems

Smile sl 750 problems

Hey all, I just bought a Polaris 750 sl and a 89 seadoo ?. I took it out for a test ride and it ran fine, when we took it out there was some water in the engine compartment. i thought it was normal so I went through with the transaction. Me and my buddy took them out and we were out for little over an hour and I knew the polaris had a problem. After getting a tow back to shore and taking off the seat i found water all the up to the seat. I found this site did some reading and un-hydrolocked the motor and got it running. Now I have a few more problems:

It is taking on enough water to fill it up that high.

At a stand still when I give it full throttle it dies but then starts right up and takes off.

also it has the trim feature and ive played with it a little but saw little difference in the ride. Whats it for?

Thanks in advance for all the help and for this awsome site!

+1
    Jet Welcome to the hulk.
    Find and fix your leak. On the trailer tilt it back and fill the hull with water not enough to cover the carbs and see where the water runs out. The stumbling could be from the last incident did you clean the carbs? did you clean the fuel system?

After taking a closer look i found what i think is part of the bilge system. I think it the air line and it was laying in the bottom of the hull so i moved it up and looked behind at the other end of the bilge system and the bottom tube was plugged so i cleared that out and i have yet to take it out to the lake. but do you think that might have been the problem.

+1
    Those are the auto siphons. But you should find your leak. Water in the carbs=Piston failure.

+1
    You should also open the electrical box and make sure you get the water out of it or you will pay later!
    WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

I cracked the electical box and got al the water out and sprayed it down with some wire dryer. Have yet to find the leak so my next step is to back it in and see if it is a pysical leak or something in the drivetrain.

+1
    Just fill the inside of the hull with a hose and see where it runs out. I got $$ that it is the driveshaft seal.

Thumbs down

ok so no water running out anywhere with the hose trick. I backed it down in the hand launch near my house and let it float around. No water coming in so I tired to get it to start but It wouldnt fire. I just decieded to sit and float around for a while. After I got off, I poped the set off and sure enough about 8" of water in the bottom! After getting it home I took out the front container and got to looking around cause it sounded as if the water was coming in from up in the front and found the hose that connects to the white hole/drain thing on the left front side was just sitting there. It has a clamp on it but was not connected to anything. Is this a problem and if so where does it go? I have a manual in the mail as to get this thing in shape. Thanks for all the help!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That's the vent hose. It attaches to the bottom of that black plastic part. Right under the dash panel in the center of the ski.

There seems to be a connection between being on the boat and having a leak.

Perhaps once your weight is on the boat, the water line is brought up to the leak location. Per yer weight on it with the seat off. Maybe then it'll show it's face. Could be those upper thru-hull fittings near the pump? I'm a noob, but it seems to make sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information