Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 250 runs rough until hot with 27hrs

I have an Ultra 250 w/27hrs and runs very rough until engine is hot. Took to dealer for second time and today was told it was most likely bad plugs. Has anybody had this problem? I was told plugs cost about $20 each.

Probably not much help but if it happens on a Sea Doo I can confirm it's Plugs

that is the truth

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO ROJO View Post
    I have an Ultra 250 w/27hrs and runs very rough until engine is hot. Took to dealer for second time and today was told it was most likely bad plugs. Has anybody had this problem? I was told plugs cost about $20 each.
    I was told that 2 from dealer in orlando i went with the iridiums they are a little bit cheaper in price 7 seem to run better. The bad plugs would make it run rough because 1 or more cylinders are down.. the iridium plugs come without the little caps on top of the plug, you cannot take them off of the stock plugs

Most likely plugs, do a search. One or two more runs and it will probably barely run at all. Mine was the same way. Two rides where it cleared up after it warmed up, missed here and there, then the third time out since it started doing itI barely made it back to the dock. Plugs should be warranty anyway.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    Most likely plugs, do a search. One or two more runs and it will probably barely run at all. Mine was the same way. Two rides where it cleared up after it warmed up, missed here and there, then the third time out since it started doing itI barely made it back to the dock. Plugs should be warranty anyway.

plugs are a disposable item.... not covered by warranty. if that was the case every oil change should eb covered as well.

when you had a two stroke and the plugs went bad did you take it back to the dealer and ask for them to be replaced under warranty?

Also note that the service manual states to check the plugs and replace ,if necessary, at 25 hours!!!!

You are at 27 so they are for sure not a warranty item.

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    plugs are a disposable item.... not covered by warranty. if that was the case every oil change should eb covered as well.

when you had a two stroke and the plugs went bad did you take it back to the dealer and ask for them to be replaced under warranty?

Not trying to be a smartass here, there is a difference between two strokes and four strokes and the rate at which they should use plugs. My plugs were warrantied. There are plenty of threads on here of people who have had them warrantied, and Kawasaki has warrantied them as there has been a problem with them. If you paid $20 a piece for soemthing Kawi has warrantied, sorry to hear that.

I never asked for an oil change to be warrantied, and I did change my own two stroke plugs in the past. But I certainly wasn't paying $80 for faulty plugs that were not "two stroke oil" fouled, and neither should the person who started this thread if that's the problem.

Now if there is an "hour" limit on plugs thru Kawi, then that may be a different story, and my bad for mising the 27 hour vs 25 manual recommendation. So don't shoot me if that's the case.

SeaDoocer
    Well I have 9 hours on my two Ultras. Mine seems to be running a little rough, I mean, it has a vibration that makes the back seat rattle really bad. I had 7+ quarts of oil when I finally took more oil out after riding for about 5 hours(the dipstick pressure was showing less when checked)..
    How much vibration or how bad does it run to make you think it's the plugs? My wifes Ultra doesn't seem to run with this kind of vibration.

YES, I did see the recomendation in the manual about the plugs. I do understand that they are not covered under warranty from my dealer. But I do find it a little odd that a four stroke would be going through plugs so soon. Sounds a little premature. I will pick it up today and hopefully test run it. Hope this solves the problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information