Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Even on the water...The "BS" is thick!!!

Hey all.... I now have 16 hours on my Ultra..... And everywhere I go, people wanna stop me and chat about the ski... For one, I am a straight shooter...I dont need to B*ll Sh*T people... I tell it like it is...Any one that does thier research knows that the Ultra, stock, will only do between 65 - 67 MPH. So here is the meat of my story......

Last week my wife and I were at Lake Mead behind Hoover Damn taking in the sights and this guy rolls up on us and wants to chat about the ski's. He is on an "07" RXP. I know because I researched all the new ski's before I bought the Ultra. He was asking about top end and how fast is it out of the whole and what mods I have. Then he proceeds to tell me that his RXP has a stage III kit on it and it will do 92 MPH....

I was like "B*LL SH*T" !!!!!!

Now correct me if I am wrong but would that not be a record of some sorts?? The research I did states an RXP with a stage III will only do low 80's at 8400 rpm's. And to add some more fuel to the fire, he proceeded to tell me that if he adjust the trim just right and guns it; his ski will jump a foot out of the water when he guns it.....

When I asked him if he ever heard of "GreenHulk.net" He replied no. It showed...I can sort of tell he was exaggerating his ski's performance. I should mention that this guy was as big as Hoover damn so I could not tell him to his face that he was full of it.

Any way.... Just an amusing story I thought I would share...

I will post some video of us cruising throught the canyon at lake mead. It was an "off-the-hook" experience.

take care all.........................MIKE
    Last edited by desert dirt diver; 08-01-2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: grammatical errors

.. Just tell those kind of guys that their ski is like their girlfriend/wife/fatchick or a moped; they're fun to ride until your buddies catch you on them.

+1
    You think that is funny? Listen to this. I had to go purchase an extended warranty for my truck and while I was there, there was a mechanic from one of the Kawi dealers in my area. The guy that sold me the truck knew all about my ski and always asks me about it when I go in. Well this guy said that he already rode the Ultra 250X and liked it but said that he was on a highly modified ski that would kill mine. I was all ears cause I like to hear how fast people think they go. First off, he said that he was gps'd at 120-130 mph. I almost sh!t my pants from trying to hold my laughter inside. Here is the real kicker.......he said he was riding a honda F-12X......did I mention that the man weighed close to 350 pounds. Ya got to love people and their stories! It keeps the world interesting!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I hear these stories all the time on the water or at the launching ramp, I always have my GPS with me, I have to say I have hurt a lot of peoples feeling with that lil $99.00 piece of equiptment, lol

I had just gotten back to the ramp after breaking in my 150, I was telling one of my buds how great it was running and I got 68 on my gps, some hottie chick was sitting on the break-wall and asked her B.F. how fast his ZXI went, he told her 80, I asked if he wanted to see his 80 mph zxi get toasted by a 68 mph ultra..

Quote Originally Posted by desert dirt diver View Post
    ... And to add some more fuel to the fire, he proceeded to tell me that if he adjust the trim just right and guns it; his ski will jump a foot out of the water when he guns it......MIKE

That part of the story was true. I rode an RXP a lot last summer. With its variable trim, I launched that RXP out of the water from a dead stop before. Always impressed everyone. When I bought the Ultra, first thing everyone wanted to know was whether I could launch out of the water "just like on the other one?" That variable trim and nimble feel in the air are about all I miss about the SDs.

Quote Originally Posted by desert dirt diver View Post
    Hey all.... I now have 16 hours on my Ultra..... And everywhere I go, people wanna stop me and chat about the ski... For one, I am a straight shooter...I dont need to B*ll Sh*T people... I tell it like it is...Any one that does thier research knows that the Ultra, stock, will only do between 65 - 67 MPH. So here is the meat of my story......

Last week my wife and I were at Lake Mead behind Hoover Damn taking in the sights and this guy rolls up on us and wants to chat about the ski's. He is on an "07" RXP. I know because I researched all the new ski's before I bought the Ultra. He was asking about top end and how fast is it out of the whole and what mods I have. Then he proceeds to tell me that his RXP has a stage III kit on it and it will do 92 MPH....

I was like "B*LL SH*T" !!!!!!

Now correct me if I am wrong but would that not be a record of some sorts?? The research I did states an RXP with a stage III will only do low 80's at 8400 rpm's. And to add some more fuel to the fire, he proceeded to tell me that if he adjust the trim just right and guns it; his ski will jump a foot out of the water when he guns it.....

When I asked him if he ever heard of "GreenHulk.net" He replied no. It showed...I can sort of tell he was exaggerating his ski's performance. I should mention that this guy was as big as Hoover damn so I could not tell him to his face that he was full of it.

Any way.... Just an amusing story I thought I would share...

I will post some video of us cruising throught the canyon at lake mead. It was an "off-the-hook" experience.

take care all.........................MIKE
    Yeah, we have a lot of those people who claims alot of things. You are a nice person to keep your cool and roll with it. RXP is not al that what he claims. It's a pipe dream, Bro!....but don't let your guard down Bro....RXP has a Big Brother....RXT, that took the Catalina Race 2007......you do the search...HE, HE, HE..... Kawasaki 250 was NOWHERE in sight to take the Checkered Flag! He, He, He.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    That part of the story was true. I rode an RXP a lot last summer. With its variable trim, I launched that RXP out of the water from a dead stop before. Always impressed everyone. When I bought the Ultra, first thing everyone wanted to know was whether I could launch out of the water "just like on the other one?" That variable trim and nimble feel in the air are about all I miss about the SDs.
    Did they asked you if you need Gas. And when you said yes.......did they all dissapear out of nowhere?

Jammer, I get a kick out of you. If I had your guns but kept my personality I'd do great with the ladies.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I had just gotten back to the ramp after breaking in my 150, I was telling one of my buds how great it was running and I got 68 on my gps, some hottie chick was sitting on the break-wall and asked her B.F. how fast his ZXI went, he told her 80, I asked if he wanted to see his 80 mph zxi get toasted by a 68 mph ultra..

Sorry but DID YOU SAY 68MPH on a 150? hmmm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information