Intercooler Plumbing

The SC exit and TB are 2.5.
    What size tubing does the Riva and RR use ?

Do they use 2.5 ?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    PPG uses 2 1/2" plumbing for the RR IC.

Jeff

I ordered my plumbing today should have it in 3 days.
    The IC is slanted sideways with the inlet as close as possible to the SC outlet.

Connecting the SC to the inlet on the IC
    I went with a 6inch 2.5 CAC silicone tube which will connect to a 2.5x3 reducer to the IC. THe CAC has rings on it which give it flexibility but it's pretty much a straight route.

The outlet of the IC I'm connecting to the TB using a 3" Cobra bend which I show in the picture. This will allow for a 90 turn without restricing air flow. Then I'm going with a 90 3" to 2.5 reducer and then a 2.5 hump hose.
    Should be a about a 7inch route from the SC and a 8-9inch route to the TB.

I had to do some custom work to the stock exhaust tube to get it behind my rear intake. (I'll go to the thru hull after this).

My mount is looking more toward JB weld and a rachet latch.... I would hate to have to bolt through the hull... wish the mount holes on the IC would help somehow but I'm going to plug them.

I ran a water hose through it and plugged the outlet to give it pressure and I didn't seem leaks. Man that thing gets cold. I'm going to wrap the center part where the core is with bubble wrap, as well as the outlet pipe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90cb30alt2_105.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	2460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90cb30_105.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	2461  

+1
    Kinchyle, Where are you buying your hoses from? What size t-bolt clamps are you going with? Looks like you get about 1" of play with these clamps so they have to be close.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastTrespiper
    Kinchyle, Where are you buying your hoses from? What size t-bolt clamps are you going with? Looks like you get about 1" of play with these clamps so they have to be close.
    Yes, you sure do! there is a specified range for these t-bolt clamps. Take a look at the t-bolt thread and you`ll see the part#`s I used for the Riva thru hull...which is approx 2.5, so I went with the 2.5 t-bolts and they worked out great...PR...

note* www.westmarine.com - plumming accesories I think and you can see the size variations for those clamps...

I'm doing 2.5T-bolt and 3" T-bolt.

My SC rear intake has a 4ply silicone connection and I had to use a 3.5 T-bolt.

Look at theT-bolt range they should specify ex. 2.5Tbolt 2.2-2.6"
    I'm going to be using 2.5 silicone fittings from the SC to the IC inlet that are 4ply rated at 400 degrees. From the IC outlet to the TB I'm using 3 inches and then a reducer to get me to the 2.5. This will let me use bends without constricting flow. Using bends I can get the SC to the IC within about 5-7 inches.

I'm mainly using this site
    http://siliconeintakes.com/index.html

Which also sold the cheepest silicone joiners.
    http://siliconeintakes.com/joiner.htm

and good price for the t-bolts
    http://siliconeintakes.com/t-bolt-clamp.htm

By using silicone connections I'll be able to experiment with different plumbing , it's like legos.

I'll have pics in about 3 days then I'll post how I did the mount.
    I'm thinking a pvc but in half that I will epoxy to the hull. This will let me slide the IC forward and back. Then I'm going to ratchet tie it down putting the tie straps through a loop that is mounted somewhere in the hull. The half pvc will also stabilize the IC and stop side to side/front to back movement.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I'm doing 2.5T-bolt and 3" T-bolt.

My SC rear intake has a 4ply silicone connection and I had to use a 3.5 T-bolt.

Look at theT-bolt range they should specify ex. 2.5Tbolt 2.2-2.6"
    I'm going to be using 2.5 silicone fittings from the SC to the IC inlet that are 4ply rated at 400 degrees. From the IC outlet to the TB I'm using 3 inches and then a reducer to get me to the 2.5. This will let me use bends without constricting flow. Using bends I can get the SC to the IC within about 5-7 inches.

I'm mainly using this site
    http://siliconeintakes.com/index.html

Which also sold the cheepest silicone joiners.
    http://siliconeintakes.com/joiner.htm

and good price for the t-bolts
    http://siliconeintakes.com/t-bolt-clamp.htm

By using silicone connections I'll be able to experiment with different plumbing , it's like legos.

I'll have pics in about 3 days then I'll post how I did the mount.
    I'm thinking a pvc but in half that I will epoxy to the hull. This will let me slide the IC forward and back. Then I'm going to ratchet tie it down putting the tie straps through a loop that is mounted somewhere in the hull. The half pvc will also stabilize the IC and stop side to side/front to back movement.
    Thanks, It looks like the mounting is going to be the hardest part.

Thread Information