p 1607 MPEM Fault?

This is a follow up to a 'sensor' p 1517 error code thread I started a week or so ago...It appeared after a slowly drained battery...cables were loose on the terminals moved them a bit and got the ski to start...it idled high at 2300 rpms, I rode it to charge the battery for about half hour, shut it down cranked it again and engine idled normally...strange but true! At the same time this was happening my trim indicator and trim itself was not working...that problem would not resolve itself I was told and had to be fixed with BUDS reset because my RXP computer believed it had a depth gauge and that was 'in place' of the trim function I guess...dealer fixed it at a cost of $85 bucks...however the Sea Doo tech handed me a list of codes that appeared on the BUDS system ...they are p0351, p0352, p0353 which are the codes for the coils being unhooked while operating...I did this checking for a bad coil a while back...no surprise there...there were p1509 and 1507 also which had to do with the 'sensor' message ...no surprise there either....HOWEVER what worries me is the appearance of the p1607 code for the MPEM...cannot explain that code, can any of you relate that to the above confusing story?

Anyhow they reset the computer, no codes appear at water hose testing so far, trim works fine again, idles normally...he told me to ride it and see fi anything comes up...? I want to ask the RXP gods first!

P.S. They were totally uanware of my RXP's identity crisis, (orignial issue), they believed it to be trim motor and had to be talked into the BUDS hookup first, which fixed it and came from here...no surpise there!

Same problem here

I have the same problem with mine rxp -05. I´we bought it in april and I´m a newbie with Sea-doos. For the first few short rides it worked just fine. Then two weeks ago when I was taking it for a ride, it started with a strange beep. It showed codes p 1517 and p 1607. VTS was gone too...

I took it to the local Dealer and they cheked it out. I told them that I have found similary problems on the net. They told me that there must be something wrong with the trim motor.
    After a few days they told me there is something with the coil too. Now they have tested it and the trim motor works just fine. The code for the VTS, coil and MPEM is still there. They tell me that they cant "write" or change anything with BUDS and they probably have to change the MPEM

Can anybody help me???

+1
    Damaged MPEM.

No service action available for fault P1607.

Thats what buds says

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    This is a follow up to a 'sensor' p 1517 error code thread I started a week or so ago...It appeared after a slowly drained battery...cables were loose on the terminals moved them a bit and got the ski to start...it idled high at 2300 rpms, I rode it to charge the battery for about half hour, shut it down cranked it again and engine idled normally...strange but true! At the same time this was happening my trim indicator and trim itself was not working...that problem would not resolve itself I was told and had to be fixed with BUDS reset because my RXP computer believed it had a depth gauge and that was 'in place' of the trim function I guess...dealer fixed it at a cost of $85 bucks...however the Sea Doo tech handed me a list of codes that appeared on the BUDS system ...they are p0351, p0352, p0353 which are the codes for the coils being unhooked while operating...I did this checking for a bad coil a while back...no surprise there...there were p1509 and 1507 also which had to do with the 'sensor' message ...no surprise there either....HOWEVER what worries me is the appearance of the p1607 code for the MPEM...cannot explain that code, can any of you relate that to the above confusing story?

Anyhow they reset the computer, no codes appear at water hose testing so far, trim works fine again, idles normally...he told me to ride it and see fi anything comes up...? I want to ask the RXP gods first!

P.S. They were totally uanware of my RXP's identity crisis, (orignial issue), they believed it to be trim motor and had to be talked into the BUDS hookup first, which fixed it and came from here...no surpise there!
    Loosing the VTS in RXPs when the battery is disconnected (or low) is very common... Ron

Now the ski has been at the dealer for 4 weeks and they have tried almost everything to fix it. They have change the mpem but it still doesn´t work. They told me "sorry we cant fix it and you have figure it out yourself" The dealer is one of the leading dealer here...
    Does anybody have a solution for this???

+1
    Try another ECU.

Thread Information