Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Ultra Gurus Needed

Ok, Heres Whats Happening- Out Of Water Starts And Runs Fine, Hits Rev Limiter No Problem. Put It In The Water And Revs Only To 5000 Rpm. No Exhaust Leaks, Or Loose Hoses. Traded Plugs With Another Ultra -no Change. No Water In Fuel, Tried All Keys [no Not The Slo Key- I'm Not Stupid], Checked Compression And Leakdown-ok. Looking For Any New Ideas----what Have You Got???????........steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCSFAB View Post
    Ok, Heres Whats Happening- Out Of Water Starts And Runs Fine, Hits Rev Limiter No Problem. Put It In The Water And Revs Only To 5000 Rpm. No Exhaust Leaks, Or Loose Hoses. Traded Plugs With Another Ultra -no Change. No Water In Fuel, Tried All Keys [no Not The Slo Key- I'm Not Stupid], Checked Compression And Leakdown-ok. Looking For Any New Ideas----what Have You Got???????........steve
    It sounds like the fast key got programed as slow key, Wondering if that could be the possible though. Sounds like you checked everything else out. Should be hitting the 7000 range in WOT.

Are you getting full boost in the water? Sounds like you know what check based on what you've done. Definitely load related, leads me towards fuel or spark.

Mine exhibited the same thing, but in my case was plugs. Maybe low fuel pressure?

Are you sure there is nothing up in the prop or prop damage?

+1

keep thinking......

Pump And Prop Are Clear, Look Like New. This Ski Has Two Fast Keys And A Slo Key. Neither Fast Key Makes A Difference And The Slo Key Limits It Even More. Out Of Water Where The Engine Revs Fine The Boost Gauge Shows 10+, But Of Course In Water Where It Only Revs To 5000 Rpm The Boost Only Shows 5 Pounds Which Is Normal For That Rpm.. Cover Is Off The Belt-it Looks Fine And Is Tight. I Do Feel It Is Fuel Or Maybe The Ecm But Am Still Looking For Any Other Ideas.........steve

Could be a lot of things. Connect your ski to DIagnostic kit to check if any sensors are down.

-Check ignition coils.
    -Check fuel system(fuel pump, injectors clogged?, water in fuel? etc) Throttle body could be loose.
    -Check compression
    -any abnormal engine noise? knocking?
    -try swapping ECMs

All of the above can cause no power at high speeds or rpm

SeaDoocer
    What about dealer? Have they looked at it yet?

Be careful swapping ECM's they are key sensitive, not sure if they are ECM specific or if there are seperate modules in between.

+1
    Did it run like this since new? If so, perhaps the impeller pitch is not stock. Could they have given you one from a factory race boat by mistake?

Richard

+1

Status Report

Appreciate All The Ideas. Ski Ran Great Untill 17 Hours , Then Lost Upper Rpm. Plan On Hooking It Up To The Computor Tomorrow And Will Let You Know If Any Codes Are Stored. May Change Out Ecu If Nothing Shows. Thanks.......steve

My ultra just started stalling and not running correctlty I notcie tht there was no water coming form water disathcger on front right side of ski. i was wondering if this is casuing ski to sense no water and rev limit
    I check all areas no debris where can it be clogged?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information