Fuel Extender Reliability

Guys; I have purchased but not installed the R&D Fuel Extender because of the brief reference Skip has to the fact that his popped off during rough riding. I really, really need access to the extra couple of gallons this brings to the ride, and would love to hear your experience with this mod including how long you have had it and how hard you ride with it.

I do 100% offshore riding that results in some pretty good smacks on the front of the hull pretty often. It would be great to know if you PWCoffshore.com guys use them in your LB2CAT racers.

Thanks in advance, LB

We've had a couple of units with this mod. We did a 600 mile run a few months ago. 400 miles on first 2 days. 200 miles on day 4. 100% offshore. Mix cruising speed and WOT. Rode hard on 2 to 4 ft chops.
    Occasional 4 to 6 ft brutal squalls. Went surf jumping on 8 to 10 foot chops on west coast of Culion island. Camcorder attached to helmet-cam got busted. Entire engine compartment coated with white frosting(salt). No fuel pickup issues. Skis all running great.

Me and and KLEONM use it since day one.We ride only offshore to conditions identical to those mitch described.No fuel pick up issues,each ski has 30 hours.It saved our asses a couple of times.

Thanks guys; that's what I wanted to hear.

Now, all I gotta do is figure out how to get that reverse cable off!

P.S. Mitch - Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with that ride; it's simply my favorite video to watch on the Internet right now!

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    Guys; I have purchased but not installed the R&D Fuel Extender because of the brief reference Skip has to the fact that his popped off during rough riding. I really, really need access to the extra couple of gallons this brings to the ride, and would love to hear your experience with this mod including how long you have had it and how hard you ride with it.

I do 100% offshore riding that results in some pretty good smacks on the front of the hull pretty often. It would be great to know if you PWCoffshore.com guys use them in your LB2CAT racers.

Thanks in advance, LB
    Some of us in the Group had them for LB2CAT. Some of us did not. I did not have it and made it there and back fine. LB2CAT was very high fuel consumption water conditions this year. If you keep burping the tank down you can get 22 gallons in it. I know I can go 65 miles WOT in high consumption water without the pickup . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    Thanks guys; that's what I wanted to hear.

Now, all I gotta do is figure out how to get that reverse cable off!

P.S. Mitch - Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with that ride; it's simply my favorite video to watch on the Internet right now!

I can mail you pages of the shop manual if you dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Some of us in the Group had them for LB2CAT. Some of us did not. I did not have it and made it there and back fine. LB2CAT was very high fuel consumption water conditions this year. If you keep burping the tank down you can get 22 gallons in it. I know I can go 65 miles WOT in high consumption water without the pickup . . .
    Thanks John for the useful tip; that makes me feel better for my upcoming OC-CAT ride.

LB

Thread Information