Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

amsoil 10/40 marine vs mobile 1 10/40 mxt4

i have ran mobile one 10/40 in my motorcycle for many years now and its always ran like a champ and when i got my motor upgraged at 10,000 miles the motor looked brand new berings were mint ! so i go with this in my ultra 250 ! is this ok in this application or should i be running marine oil ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW550I View Post
    i have ran mobile one 10/40 in my motorcycle for many years now and its always ran like a champ and when i got my motor upgraged at 10,000 miles the motor looked brand new berings were mint ! so i go with this in my ultra 250 ! is this ok in this application or should i be running marine oil ?
    Mobil 1 is a good oil. The AMSOIL 10w-40 is designed for marine applications though, extended high rpm,s and high moisture content. just to name a few. The AMSOIL is about the same price as the Mobil 1.

I was told by the dealer mechanic not to run Synthetic oil. He said absolutely not. Any validity to this? I looked through the manual and did not see any recomendations on synthetic.

Talking

I was told the opposite...

I just bought some Amsoil and look forward to using it in my Ultra 250 & my buddy's 150...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO ROJO View Post
    I was told by the dealer mechanic not to run Synthetic oil. He said absolutely not. Any validity to this? I looked through the manual and did not see any recomendations on synthetic.
    Sorry to say your dealer is incorrect. You can run synthetic in your ski with no issues if it meets the specs called for by the manufacture.

i have always used mobil one in my rides when i blew up my race car it had mobile one in it the motor was clean as can be when we took it apart when i hit the 10 hr both skis will have amsoil in them I use amsoil synthetic trans fliud in my ram and my car sysnthetic is they way to go

+1
    Started running the amsoil in the wife ultra at 20 hours, no problems. All I run in my GPR Amsoil Dominator. I am very partial to that red stuff...

Broke all my skis in with conventional oil, at 2nd change switched to Mobil1 for over 10 years no problem with several marine engines or cars. My 3 skis now all run Mobil 1 4T racing oil for high revs, $6.50 a quart. Change about every 30 hours do to the fuel dilution in the four strokes. My 2 smoker change every 50 hours. My 15F gained 1.4 MPH average GPS after installing the 4T. Not sure it was oil, but did nothing else during that time period.

Throwing the Ams in mine on Tuesday and look forward to running full synthetic...

+1

Synthetic oil

I've run full synthetic in all my 2 and 4 cycle engines for years. I have done extensive research into the various oils and their additives on the internet and through discussions with my auto, boat an jet ski mechanics. I have concluded that all top tear synthetic oils protect better than petroleum based oils. IMO the difference between the oils is very slight. The reason I have recently switched to AMS oil is that they formulate additive packages to fit the application. The marine oil, for example, has additives to inhibit rust and the harmful effects of high humidity. I laugh when I read posts discussing saving a few pennies on oil and filters. The oil is the life blood of your engine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information