help building a limited boat for racing...novice limited class

hey guys i need your help. i am looking to build a limited boat for next years racing season. but i do not know much about the 2 stroke engines. i need to see if anyone has any ideas as to what to buy and how to build it. right now i have:

Odessy sponson
    Riva Flame Arrestors
    Umi steering

I am running the Novice Stock Class but i am looking to move up to the Novice limited class.

I also have a 2004 RXP running in the stock class,
    but what do you guys think should i build the RXP or the XPL

thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    a stock class preppred rxp will run well against a ltd. 2 stroke.

XPL your gonna want to run the FPP twin pipes, carbs, miller head, cdi, pump along with some other things

the rxp probably an intake, intake grate, sponsons, prop, ecu and steering and you would have a decent stock/ltd. class boat

ok thanks you...were can i shop for a miller head. i have been looking online and nothing...also. what other things can i run on the ski

+1
    Not sure if you've looked at this yet or if it'll be alot of help, but here is a link to the limited class rules.

http://www.apbaracing.com/2007_ruleb...ch_limited.pdf

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BGslugger View Post
    hey guys i need your help. i am looking to build a limited boat for next years racing season. but i do not know much about the 2 stroke engines. i need to see if anyone has any ideas as to what to buy and how to build it. right now i have:

Odessy sponson
    Riva Flame Arrestors
    Umi steering

I am running the Novice Stock Class but i am looking to move up to the Novice limited class.

I also have a 2004 RXP running in the stock class,
    but what do you guys think should i build the RXP or the XPL

thanks
    I also have a 04 RXP and raced this year in nov limited. This was my first year racing. There is not much you can do to an RXP and keep it legal in stock and limited. I beleive in addition to the handling items as others posted the only thing different you can really do to your limited boat, different from stock class is change your supercharger wheel. THe rule book pretty much stated that limited 4-strokes supercharged must mun by the stock class rules except for like three items, supercharger wheel change is one of them.
    If you want to race the RXP, its best in my opinion to run it in open.If you have any mods like through hull exhaust or basically anything more than a riva stage 2 kit ,you have to run open to be legal.
    The XPL is an awesome boat if you want to run it in the limited class.Good luck, if you have any questions pm...Ive learned alot so far this year racing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooracer9 View Post
    The rule book pretty much stated that limited 4-strokes supercharged must mun by the stock class rules except for like three items, supercharger wheel change is one of them.
    Would the other two be for a N/A 4-stroke? Are you racing Novice Limited at Nationals and WF?

limited rules

check the apba web site, only a few mods from stock class can be done. Most be bolt on no internal mods. Im planning on running expert open if it all works out at the WF.

Banned User
    +1
    Let me know if you run the XPL, I make a great set of adjustble sponsons for it...all race legal, 12-way adjustable...PERFECT for closed course.

+1
    Sweet, I was thinkin about doing that too with my limited boat since I wanna build an open boat next year. I held my own pretty good at the can-am cup with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooracer9 View Post
    Im planning on running expert open if it all works out at the WF.

Thread Information