Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Skegs revisited

Skegs revisited

Just thought I would share my findings from yesterday's ride. Last week looking at the bottom of the ski, one of my skegs got gouged up from beaching on some gravel. I decided to knock them both off and I ordered a new set.
    Noticing a big difference would be the understatement of the year, riding without them yesterday.
    Things I noticed:
    Ski was riding and just felt all around lower in the water.
    Going through chop was almost scary again as the boat was rocking from side to side with the waves. I could NOT believe the difference.
    I cant comment on speed because it was 96 air and 90 water, I was down 1 mph but I cant say it was because of the skegs.
    The steering did feel a tad "lighter" on turns, but I actually did not like that feeling either as I liked the heavier feel.
    BOTTOM LINE:
    IF you ride in areas with moderate to heavy chop, I believe the skegs are a must have on a RXP.

Having said all this, I am now going to install the new ones as the UPS mutt just got here

SPEED

Be Sure To Let Us Know If You Gain Ur 1mph Back

Steve i have been comtimplating getting these for the longest time. You deffentley just sold me because my lake is ussualy choppy as hell durring the day so these just made the winter upgrade list.

+1
    Matt,
    Get them skegs ordered and lets see you out there next year to ride brother..

I have to say I noticed the difference right away on my near stock ski. Definitely worth the $.

+1
    I was having a handling problem with my ski it was cutting out in the chop..ON flat water she would run like a raped ape.77-78 mph..Danny and I had went out last weekend and i lost a skeg.I noticed a differance that the ski quit cutting out in the chop..Taking the other skeg off and gonna see whats up..I may have to just pull out the pump wedge and leave the skegs on.HHHMMMMM

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I was having a handling problem with my ski it was cutting out in the chop..ON flat water she would run like a raped ape.77-78 mph..Danny and I had went out last weekend and i lost a skeg.I noticed a differance that the ski quit cutting out in the chop..Taking the other skeg off and gonna see whats up..I may have to just pull out the pump wedge and leave the skegs on.HHHMMMMM

It must have fallen out after I rode it...

I too recommend them, my skeg setup really makes the hull feel light and nimble in all conditions...They REALLY like the slight chop, like 4-6" wind ripples....

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Matt,
    Get them skegs ordered and lets see you out there next year to ride brother..
    Bringing it home first thing after my semester is over....... I didnt get it here at all this year so im thinking its gona be here most of next summer.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Bringing it home first thing after my semester is over....... I didnt get it here at all this year so im thinking its gona be here most of next summer.
    it better....we need it here in April for the 2nd Annual JetSki Day @ Danny's....this time without the punching of the cabinets! Nothing like 10 guys trying to work on a ski....

+1
    Interesting. I might have to try these. What Epoxy do you recommend? What color are these skegs? Does it come with installation instructions such as exact hull postion?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information