Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Mods

Cheap Mods

What are some cheap mods that will gain me a mph or 2. I am basically out of money but I want to do something to my ski...i just have that itch you know. I am going to fill my ride plate holes...anything else that is cheap like that I can do?? thanks

+1
    air intake and Solas impeller.

Filling the rideplate holes should get you an eazy 1 mph

reverse bucket mod, but I think it only helps when you have the wedge.

You can take off the seadoo sticker for .1

lol...

i have the solas prop and intake but havent had time to install those yet. but I am going to...how much should I gain from those??

All I know is last year on a perfect lake riding alone...if you call it that(6'5" 280 lbs). I ran 66-67 mph on my completely STOCK ski...so I am hoping to go back to that same lake and break 70mph...

hell on my hometown lake your lucky to get past 50 mph because it is EXTREMELY crowded, and you have wakes off of 45 ft. boats in only 15 ft. of water, so they get about 5-6ft tall...

so once I get those 2 things installed and fill my rideplate holes should I be at 70? or is there anything else I could do for cheap to squeeze out anouther .5-1mph?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    6' 5", 280lbs.
    That's gonna cost you 1 or 2 mph... but I wouldn't tell you that in person

I know what you mean about big boats and big wakes, Annette and I have both been seperated from our skis here on the Delta... They don't look so big until it's to late!

Jeff & Annette

lol...yeah on the high school football team they call me oxman or shrek ...its pretty funny
    but yeah, when I saw 67 mph on my stock ski, and me being basically 2 people. i was extremely proud of her!

I was readin around and saw that some people are doing there own intakes for cheap. How cheap exactly maybe I could do that and sell my riva intake and have somemore money to spend. Does anyone know a thread that has exactly what needs to be done? what is the intake diameter on the S/C? thanks

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    The SC intake is 2 7/8" but a 3" coupler snugs up nicely and is what most people are using. Some are running 4" tubing and necking it down to 3" when they reach the supercharger.

Do a board search and you will come up with a ton of ideas and pictures of everyones' creations. This mod is a fun one and it seems no two are alike.

BTW, if you sell your Riva Powerflow let me know, I have a friend who wants one but is trying to save a buck.

Jeff

i would say go with a homemade intake system. its cheaper just need to buy some hose and u can buy any length depending on where u want the intake to go to (rear intake, intake to the front hood or intake right under the glovebox) then buy a filter and if u want a pre-filter also. then just need to clamp the hose to the SC and the filter. Steve (shibby) on the forum has a good place to buy the tubing and i can get u the rectifier bracket once u take ur stock intake out. its up to u on which way u want to go with it.

whats a rectafier bracket?? I will probably go with a intake like red devils. Also what is the hole infront on the seat? the seat basically covers it up, does any air get in there? because I still would like to use that container thing that fits in my front compartment that holds stuff...but its not that important I guess because I could just throw the stuff on the "floor" of the compartment (flip flops, shirts, towels, stuff like that...)

what would yall reccomend?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information