Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: starter

starter

i need new starter for my skii....95' slx780 , can somebody help me get one? who will send it here in the philippines?? i also have a question, if my starter inside is already corroded with rust...could this affect its performance? in starting? because im experiencing hard start on my skii.., and now the inside of the starter is total damage...thnx

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What's your shipping address so I can see what the cost may be. A bad starter won't affect performance, but it may affect starting performance if it's not cranking fast enough to produce a good spark.

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Have you tried to clean it up? They used to sell rebuild kits with new brushes and o-rings. If it is really bad then I suggest getting a new one or a good used one instead of the rebuild kit. Also the Kawasaki 650/750 and some Yamaha starters are the same as the Polaris one. Maybe with that info you can find one locally as it widens your options and chances of finding one.

I put one in a few months ago. I got mine from 785lugs on the board, and from the sounds of it he had a few. PM him, his price was way cheaper than a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What's your shipping address so I can see what the cost may be. A bad starter won't affect performance, but it may affect starting performance if it's not cranking fast enough to produce a good spark.
    address:
    zone 1, buarra, bayabas, cagayan de oro city, Philippines 9000

i tried cleaning this starter before, about three times already, i noticed when i will not use the skii for maybe a month, the start would stuck up, but now the inside metal where the magnet holds...already eaten up my rust, so i was thinking this maybe the cause of my hartstarting, i even have a primer to prime the engine with gas, but still having hard time starting, it will start sometimes... i remember this starter before when it is still functioning right, and easily start., when i forgot to close the drag plug of the skii, the starter was soaked with water and there it started to rust inside..
    Last edited by andy95'slx780; 08-05-2007 at 03:02 AM.

+1
    Sea Lion is correct. If you can find a starter locally for a Kawasaki or some Sea Doo 951 engines they are the same as a Polaris. Estimates for shipping are around $37. I'll sell you a good used starter for $40 plus the $37 to ship. Let me know if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Sea Lion is correct. If you can find a starter locally for a Kawasaki or some Sea Doo 951 engines they are the same as a Polaris. Estimates for shipping are around $37. I'll sell you a good used starter for $40 plus the $37 to ship. Let me know if interested.

im interested, any pics of the starter? nah...its also expensive buying it here..and they still tell you to special order outside..its thesame....

+1
    Batteries are dead in the camera right now. I can post pics later. I assure you, it's a good starter.

ok...what carrier you'll send me the package? is it ok to send you thru western union?thnx, do you have a yahoo messenger?id?thnx

+1
    I'll use U.S. Postal Service unless you have a better sender in mind? I can take Wetsern Union or Paypal if you have an account. Sorry, no Yahoo messenger. You can send me a PM through this site if you need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information