Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The pisser for my Jetworks mod isnt...

pissing anything out period..I have the Island racing holeshot kit and the pisser is mounter underdthe rear of the seat grab handle..What exactly does the pisser do???And does carl have any instructions online for this mod??I feel Im not getting all the water out of the box and its hurting my holeshot and maybe limiting my top end..As Ive only been able to get up to 70 mph with quite a few mods...More on that one later...Thanks Roger

PS if the pisser is clogged will it cause any performance loss???

Something wrong there. If the pisser is for your exit water and you have the rubber gasket installed it would mean the engine isnt getting water and it would already be fried, so I assume you might have something hooked up wrong.

A hose should run from the pump strainer (outside the ski) thru the hull, to the jetworks valve, then a hose on the other side of the valve should go to the fitting you installed closest to the waterbox. (Thats the intake for the mod)

The next hose should run from the fitting on the other side of the rubber gasket you installed closet to the engine, out the pisser or connect to the exit line if you have the stealth mod. (Thats the outlet for the mod).

Make sure you have the flow valve facing the right direction. The arrow should point toward the fitting on the exhaust (not out the hull).

Basicly whats going on is the rubber gasket you install blocks water from going to the waterbox and lets it drain out the exit line. The jetworks valve controls the flow of water to the waterbox and lets it go at a certain RPM. What it accomplishes is it keeps the engine from having to push all that water out on take off before it can really breath. However at high rpms the water is needed for cooling the exhaust and it is more of a "tuned pipe" system with water injection.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by porksword; 08-04-2007 at 09:41 PM.

+1
    And the mod only helps your holeshot.... doesn't do a damn thing for your top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    And the mod only helps your holeshot.... doesn't do a damn thing for your top end.
    Well if you were adding more water to the water box it would slow you down.

+1
    All the mod does is restrict water to the waterbox below 3500 RPM's or so. If you don't have water flowing through there at higher RPM's, you will melt stuff. It's not going to slow you down.

Well I pulled the upper hose closest to the engine and water came shooting out..So Im guessing its getting water.But if the pisser isnt working will it build up pressure inside the cooling system??

Get your boat out of the water and on a hose to flush it out. Check to see if you have water flowing out the exhaust while its being flushed, if you do you have a gasket issue and that could be stopping water from reaching the pisser.
    (I blew out the gasket a few years ago when we first did this mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Noslo5.0 View Post
    Well I pulled the upper hose closest to the engine and water came shooting out..So Im guessing its getting water.But if the pisser isnt working will it build up pressure inside the cooling system??
    Did water come shooting out of the hose or out of the exhaust fitting??

Out of the exhaust barbed fitting...

I assume you blew into the hose already to see if it was clogged.

Was it clogged?

There should'nt be anything to restrict the flow exiting. From that fitting to the pisser should be just a straight shot of hose.
    Last edited by porksword; 08-05-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information