Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Here's your chance Al.....

..To show your love for the Polaris Community.

Ok, so I'm having a weak moment....

If you and your buddy give me a public apology (or private at a minimum), I'll share what I've learned so far with the forum. And, I'll See if the old man wants to share some knowledge as well on the difficult side of the spectrum.

The guys are right, along with your statement. We're here to help where we can. And not argue amongst ourselves over who did what. I'll bury the hatchet (somewhere), if you'll drop this and move on.
    While I don't regret what I said, I do regret being mean about it. You've been a good friend, and I hate to let that go to waste.

At the very least I'll offer up how to open these without destroying the cases. And what the proper sealant is that should be used.
    And if you're real nice, I'll even post pictures.

Show some love buddy.

ultimatums usually backfire! Most of this has been behind the scenes except when you post? I wish you could figure this out privately? Z

Jug Inspector
    Have you been drinking Wetherby?

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    I have no clue what's going on but if you have some technical info to post to help out others then why not just post it and be glad you were able to help?

Banned User
    No ultimatums, just an offer. I want peace here. I'm just offering incentive.

And I don't drink on a work night. The most I drink in a month is a six pack.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    this is nuts dude. Makes me thing I reading some yamaha tuners section BS. Post your info! This is a place to share information. I bet that half the people that look at the procedure woun't even dare to do this themselves. How much cash can you possibly be making on this?

I don't get guys like you. . . always bitching about not enough money and budget this, budget that, but a few months ago you are bragging you ass off about how you made $20k+ in a few weeks.

Sorry bro, you've been cool to me and the rest of the forum in the past, but this craps gotta end.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    this is nuts dude. Makes me thing I reading some yamaha tuners section BS. Post your info! This is a place to share information. I bet that half the people that look at the procedure woun't even dare to do this themselves. How much cash can you possibly be making on this?

I don't get guys like you. . . always bitching about not enough money and budget this, budget that, but a few months ago you are bragging you ass off about how you made $20k+ in a few weeks.

Sorry bro, you've been cool to me and the rest of the forum in the past, but this craps gotta end.
    I've shared all I could.
    And being a single income household with a disabled child is always a budget.

And it was more along the lines of 2k. And half of that went to pay bills. Hell, Almost 20% of it was ebay, paypal, and shipping fees. So at $75, I wasn't getting much for an 18-20 hour day.
    Remember, I have a regular job also.

I've never been greedy, and always believe in getting paid what the work is worth. This is by no means an easy task to open these. I still crack open the dead ones for the old man. He's been ill from working in the heat, so I've been turning work away.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetherby View Post
    .If you and your buddy give me a public apology (or private at a minimum), . I'll share what I've learned so far with the forum. .
    Quote Originally Posted by wetherby View Post
    I've shared all I could.
    I MAY BE NEW HERE BUT,,,,
    IF THE SECOND STATEMENT IS TRUE...
    YOU ARE BLUFFING ON THE FIRST STATEMENT

Banned User
    You're right, you're new here.
    And I don't lie.

Jug Inspector
    He said he shared all he could.

I see both sides of this.

Wetherby has given more than enough info for anyone to break into one and repair, as well as proper re-sealing and preventing it from happening again. It's obviously an invloved process and he's learned a lot along the way but by no means is what he is doing brain surgery (No offense).

To put this into perspective, what if we were to ask Randy for a copy of the software he uses to burn EEPROMS? Sure, he'll give tuning info and tips along the way but he keeps the really good stuff as his bread and butter. Or Sharps for Porting specs?

I also see this forum as an information depository. We need to help each other out to fix/repair/tune things that are no longer available since our mfr has left the industry as well as most aftermarket companies.

But I do not see what he is charging as being inflated - and that's coming from someone who has never brought anything to anyone to have it repaired.

I don't know 100% of this story, nor do I want to. I just don't want to see friendships broken becuase of $75.

My .02

Bryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information